How long did it take to pull your application together?

CameronsDad

Once you made that all important decision to apply for the visa, how long did it actually take for you to work out how it all pulled together and get the form complete and all the evidence together?

We are around three weeks from The day we decided to go for it and have got very little done so far. Life seems to get in the way :smile:

Ours was all done in a tearing hurry - 'desperation is the mother of invention' I find!! I was due to fly out to Oz on Christmas Eve (been booked for months) and the weekend before (yes really) we decided to go for it. By Saturday night I was sick with worry and ready to throw the towel in. Sunday morning (UK time) DH in Oz says he's printed and read all the forms and is ready to go - phew that was all the nudge I needed. So off I went filling in forms on line - spent ages writing the statement parts - then a message pops up telling me I have 0.333333333333 seconds to do something!?! Ah yes, that would be 'saving' - I didn't hit the button in time and everything vanished! ARGHHHHH......had to write it all again, and I'm sure the first version was the best. Thank goodness for Skype for random questions. Scanned a load of docs/pics in at work on Monday (quiet day in the office), had them all ready to upload. Hit the button and paid on the 22nd of December (before the price rise), uploaded heaps of docs then jumped on a plane on the 24th. Whilst in Oz we booked a lovely celebrant for 2016, collected more docs and stat decs, CO asked for more info, got all that uploaded, back on a plane to Blighty a month later and all we do now is wait.............I do worry we've missed something vital, but with 9 years of evidence it was more what to leave out than what to include! We are spoiled for choice.

Tips:

Access to a good scanner is a must - one that does multiple pages (unless you are an Adobe wizard)

If you have kept all your old diaries the travel dates should be easy

If you are good at filing, then finding items of joint evidence shouldn't be too hard either

If you stop and think whilst filling in the forms on line - HIT THE SAVE BUTTON!

It's fun reminiscing looking at old pics, but it can suck up a lot of time (NB: we are much better at taking selfies these days)

Keep the tissue handy when reading statements from your friends - they may surprise you!

I guess if you are going for a skills visa it will be a lot harder, but some of the processes will be similar and just as nerve wracking!

Good luck and go for it!

Once you made that all important decision to apply for the visa, how long did it actually take for you to work out how it all pulled together and get the form complete and all the evidence together?

We are around three weeks from The day we decided to go for it and have got very little done so far. Life seems to get in the way :smile:

Having made the decision that your future lies in Australia, what else is more important in your lives than finalising your application? Who killed Lucy Beale in Eastenders, who is going to win The Voice etc etc? Procrastination maybe hints that you are not fully committed to your decision yet......Bear in mind that previous procrastinators have found that a) the rules have changed an they are no longer eligible to even apply for a visa b) their fees have been increased by $1000's without warning c) their visa processing time has been increased by 40% or more

Everything that you need to know is available from this website and from exploiting the knowledge of its amazing contributors. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE !!!

If you need to edit pdf's, https://www.pdfescape.com is your friend. Make sure that you understand how it works and save updates at every opportunity to avoid the disappointment of losing your input data.

Whatever contributions and certificates you need from 3rd parties, request it all now so that things outside your immediate control are sorted as early as possible. This saves time and stress/frustration at the end of the process.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but either you are either truly committed to this plan or you aren't; if you are then crack on without further delay. This should be an exciting event in your lives, not a burden :wink:

Having made the decision that your future lies in Australia, what else is more important in your lives than finalising your application? Who killed Lucy Beale in Eastenders, who is going to win The Voice etc etc? Procrastination maybe hints that you are not fully committed to your decision yet......Bear in mind that previous procrastinators have found that a) the rules have changed an they are no longer eligible to even apply for a visa b) their fees have been increased by $1000's without warning c) their visa processing time has been increased by 40% or more

Everything that you need to know is available from this website and from exploiting the knowledge of its amazing contributors. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE !!!

If you need to edit pdf's, https://www.pdfescape.com is your friend. Make sure that you understand how it works and save updates at every opportunity to avoid the disappointment of losing your input data.

Whatever contributions and certificates you need from 3rd parties, request it all now so that things outside your immediate control are sorted as early as possible. This saves time and stress/frustration at the end of the process.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but either you are either truly committed to this plan or you aren't; if you are then crack on without further delay. This should be an exciting event in your lives, not a burden :wink:

People do have lives to lead. I've got a job with a killer commute, a new son and all that entails, a household to maintain, car insurance to sort, a social life to keep, family to visit........

Thankfully we are healthy but others are not so lucky so have disabilities or dependants.

I can assure you, life does get in the way. But I am looking to fit this in there quite high up the priority list.

Thanks for for the pdf tip. I will use that :-)

Archived