House rental

Maz

I had a conversation with the real estate agent today & mentioned that we might be breaking our lease 2 months early but i would let her know for sure at the end of next week.....now is advertised on realestate.com as available for rent as from 9th of March. Surely this cant be legal if we havent handed in our notice yet??

They may have taken it as a verbal agreement that you want to end your contract and advertised your rental home as available ..I would like to think it would be impossible for them to take on a new tenant before your lease is up and youve signed an end of lease agreement .with our tennancy we get a renewal for agreement to continue 3 months prior to our end of lease ..if we said we did not wish to continue the tenancy at that point they would advertise availability , however I'm sure couldnot place a new tennant in until our lease expired

I had a conversation with the real estate agent today & mentioned that we might be breaking our lease 2 months early but i would let her know for sure at the end of next week.....now is advertised on realestate.com as available for rent as from 9th of March. Surely this cant be legal if we havent handed in our notice yet??

It may cost her nothing to advertise on realestate.com as agents as she's already paid for her block of advertising, and she's covering herself - and trying to help you out. You'll be liable to pay the rent until a new tenant is found, so the sooner she starts looking the better.

Archived