TB

ali

My daughter started high school in Sept, I'd always assumed she'd be vaccinated againts TB (or at least have the test), but we've had a letter saying they don't do this anymore if your parents/grandparents etc., are of British Origin. The will do it if your in a high risk group - I think this is a local policy.

I've tried to argue about giving parents the choice and the dept. of health website saying TB is on the increase, to no avail. Does anyone know if we'll be able to get the children vaccinated in AUS??

Thanks

Ali

Guest spray21

Ali

I was a teacher who handed out those letters to my tutor group last year.

I am dubious about the thinking behind it, but it does seem to have been thought through. It was my understanding that you could still take your child to the GP and request the vaccine, they have just moved away from compulsory vaccination across the board. Might be worth ringing your GP?

Does anyone know if we'll be able to get the children vaccinated in AUS??

Thanks

Ali

Yup. My youngest two had their BCG jabs here.... they were under-age when we came and hadn't had them yet.

All we had to do was call a doctor and make an appointment.

Thanks guys,

Here in Lancashire, I got told that I could go to the GP and if they thought it was necessary they would refer me to a chest clininc, but added that even moving to a high risk area would not mean that they would get it. I should have said that we had relatives from one of the countries on the back of the letter - then we may have got it.

I'll probably wait until be get to Aus now

Thanks Ali

Archived