Form 1221 vs Form 80

Aprince

Hello,

Here another question from me. im starting an 820, so im sure ill be asking many questions i cant find answers to.

Ive noticed two different but similar forms, one is form 1221 and the other is form 80. Form 1221 actually seems like a condensed form 80. So, could I just fill form 1221 out and turn it in hoping they wont ask for form 80. Im just wondering, since form 80 has some questions i might not be able to answer. For example, my parent got divorced when i was 7 and i went to go live with my father who got stationed (USA Army intelligence) in S. Korea in 1987, in preparations for the 88 Seoul Olympics. I think we were only there for one, maybe two months before having to move back to the states - my grandmother became terminally ill. Both my Father and Mother are deceased and certain info regarding my early childhood like the scenario above is hard to come by.

Since Im from a low risk country (USA), do you think by turning in form 1221 from the get go may be a good strategy to possibly by-pass form 80.

Ive seen in some cases neither form was asked for. However, from what ive researched online, form 80 is usually required.

Kind Regards

• 2 weeks later...

If you are a USA national applying from the US who has never lived anywhere really high risk, Form 1221 would never come into the picture. That's typically only used for high risk nationalities. Form 80 is what you would use - but if you're applying through the US and are a US national, they're very unlikely to request it.

Archived