820 supporting evidence question

Aprince

Hello,

My wife and I are finally in a financial situation to apply for a partner visa, just in a the nick of time too - my student visa expires next month.

However, what im wondering is if the following is enough evidence, since this is basically all the info we have. Perhaps, you all have ideas for more types of information we arent thinking of.

2 stat declarations (her uncle and a family friend)

emails from as early as 2011

pictures from 2010-2015 (2010 was both of us in the usa and the rest here in aus)

airline tickets of her coming to visit me in the usa in 2010

Ive been on two leases in Australia as an occupant. one for 6 months from dec 2011 - may 2012 (tourist visa) and the other from sep 2012 - current (student visa).

we dont have joint bank accts, but we transfer money. i guess we could get a joint acct if needed.

birth certificate of our child (he was born in aus june 2013)

married in australia (nov 2013)

birth, death and marriage registration (nov 2013)

while the following are not joint accts, i have permission to access them:

foxtel

telstra - home phone/internet

utilities

optus

2062 text messages on my phone from 2013 - days while i was at school??

we both have wills

thanks in advance

Guest MigrateAustralia

Hello Aprince,

The documents you have listed sound good - if you have ANYTHING else that has just your name or just your wife's name but to the same address, you should also include these. This is all usable documentation. Same with the bank accounts - provide the separate accounts showing the transfers between the two of you. It is not a requirement to have a joint bank account.

As you have a child together, if you can provide good documentation showing that you have been living together for at least 2 years prior to lodgement (I note the joint lease from September 2012), then you may be able to go straight for the permanent Partner visa.

Good Luck!

Christel

Hello Aprince,

The documents you have listed sound good - if you have ANYTHING else that has just your name or just your wife's name but to the same address, you should also include these. This is all usable documentation. Same with the bank accounts - provide the separate accounts showing the transfers between the two of you. It is not a requirement to have a joint bank account.

As you have a child together, if you can provide good documentation showing that you have been living together for at least 2 years prior to lodgement (I note the joint lease from September 2012), then you may be able to go straight for the permanent Partner visa.

Good Luck!

Christel

We didnt register our relationship until we got married in nov 2013, would this be a problem?

Yes, Im on the lease from sep 2012, my school records from jan 2013 - dec 2014 indicates this address as my primary address, as well as my bank acct and my student visa. would that be enough info? If thats the case, is there a special form i would need to fill out?

Thanks

No, it's not a problem that you didn't register your relationship until then. If you're both on the lease from Sep 2012, that's concrete proof you were living together more than two years ago, and as Christel said, with further evidence you've continued to live together that entire time, and since you have a baby together, that means straight to PR for you. No special form to fill out. They'll automatically send you straight to PR. It wouldn't hurt to mention in your application somewhere that you believe you're eligible to be considered for the PR (100) right away due to being de facto longer than two years and having a child together. :) If they do somehow forget to put you straight through to PR (it happens, but very rarely) you can contact them and let them know (nicely) and ask them to please correct it. They generally do this quickly. :) Best wishes!

Archived