Can I take my beloved telly

Guest billyblister

Guest billyblister

Hi to everyone . This our first of many threads we reckon , we ve got plenty of questions !!:wacko:lol.

We have just decided to apply to go to oz and have just signed up an agent so its still all at the front of our minds what to do when to do etc etc

My first thought as a typical bloke is what about my beloved 50" plasma not the fact that we ve got to find work or schools or a house come to think of it lol. ive read on a few threads that you cant take tvs and videos, coz of frequency issues. can somebody shed anymore light on the subject.

There is lots more to ask but ill start with the important things:spinny:

Thanks

Paul (33), Kerry (32), Demi (12), Bradley (10)

Agent Appointed 28/04/08

Guest chris_mac
Hi to everyone . This our first of many threads we reckon , we ve got plenty of questions !!:wacko:lol.

We have just decided to apply to go to oz and have just signed up an agent so its still all at the front of our minds what to do when to do etc etc

My first thought as a typical bloke is what about my beloved 50" plasma not the fact that we ve got to find work or schools or a house come to think of it lol. ive read on a few threads that you cant take tvs and videos, coz of frequency issues. can somebody shed anymore light on the subject.

If your telly can be adjusted (Usually with the remote in settings) to 50 hertz then it will work fine! In the uk its 60 hertz.. Simple as that!:cute:

Guest billyblister

Hi Chris_mac

thats exactly what i wanted to hear, i can tell the father in law he cant get his hands on it now lolololol coz im taking with me.

Thanks

Agent Appointed 28/04/08

Guest chris_mac
Hi Chris_mac

thats exactly what i wanted to hear, i can tell the father in law he cant get his hands on it now lolololol coz im taking with me.

Thanks

Agent Appointed 28/04/08

That was the first question i asked before i bought my plasma knowing it would be coming with us to Oz! However, if the inlaw made a reasonable offer then............

Guest billyblister

Hi Chris_mac

Your joking i think he thought that as i cant take it i would be giving it to him lol

Thanks

Agent Appointed 28/04/08

There is lots more to ask but ill start with the important things:spinny:

Thanks

Agent Appointed 28/04/08

Hi billyblister

We brought with us to Oz our Panasonic Vera LCD (which was purchased from curry 2003) and with a set top box or connected via foxtel works fine, we have since brought a new tv in Oz but we think they are a bit more pricey here

cheers

gizmo

A question regarding tvs we have a 50 inch plasma and im worried we might be chrged tax on it as we dont have a reciot to say how old it is has anyone else had to pay anythjing on there tvs....

Guest billyblister

Hi

You need a reciept .......i better start looking!!!

Agent Appointed 28/04/08

Guest mandy1

Hi

We've bought a 42 Lcd tv here for $1300 which I thought was very reasonable. However we also bought over the kids 2 portable tv's and they didn't work (we got a picture but the sound was all buzzy)They are okoay for playing dvd'd on though.

Mandy x

Archived