Commute to Brisbane

Guest Hugster

Guest Hugster

Commute to Brisbane

Hi, can anyone say what the journey by train is like from say Oxley or Murarrie or Hemmant (?) We have not decided on an exact area however I have to start somewhere & south of Brisbane is it. Just to get an idea. My husband will be traveling to the City centre.

Approx price? and time ? to the centre.

thanks

x

:cute:

Guest taffy 62
Commute to Brisbane

Hi, can anyone say what the journey by train is like from say Oxley or Murarrie or Hemmant (?) We have not decided on an exact area however I have to start somewhere & south of Brisbane is it. Just to get an idea. My husband will be traveling to the City centre.

Approx price? and time ? to the centre.

thanks

x

:cute:

I have just moved to Brisbane and train travel from murarrie or hemmant takes about 25 mins and cost around $5.40 return a day cheaper for weekly or monthly tickets.

But these areas are east of Brisbane not south.

check out QR Citytrain - Brisbane's suburban rail network If you want to live nr the bay it will just take half hour and cost a little more. hope this helps.:smile:

Guest Hugster

Thanks for that, Taffy.

That will at least give us somewhere to start.

Lisa

x

Ps, are you renting ? Did it takes ages to find one? I understand the owner 'selects' who they wish to rent to, you have to turn up in person.... is that true?

:-)

Guest taffy 62

It can be a nightmare trying to find somewhere to rent in brisbane, a townhouse down the road from us and the agent had 50 couples queued up out the front to have an inspection.

I got onto this website, it was great. we talked on the phone and emailed people and managed to get someone to hold a new house for us before we came so we had somewhere to come to.

I think some people can tell what sort of person you are by just talking to you so you may be lucky too.

it:

SEQRents - Rental accommodation, property, student accommodation and share accomodation in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Logan City, Ipswich and South East Queensland I found it to be a great sight you get to see where your going to. theres even a section that you can fill in requesting certain things. and they deal with people all over the world. I filled in a request and people phoned me regarding vacancies they had.

Just type in seq rents in google and it will come up or seqrents . com . au as you would type in search bar , you dont have to type all the above in, i dont know why its coming up like that.

When did you say you were coming over?

Archived