New member with lots of questions

Guest Ayesha

Hi everyone

My husband and I would love to emigrate to Tasmania, visited 3 times and love the life style, (we recently married in Devonport). We have family that live in Burnie and Devonport and am hoping to apply for a Visa using one of my relatives as a sponsor but there are so many types of Visas is it confusing!

Do certain Visas come through sooner than others?

We are I'm busy putting together the paperwork for skills test so we are in the very early stages of sorting things out. Any advice on how long things take to get sorted?

We are thinking about renting out our house here in the UK for a period of 1 year just in case things don't work out in OZ - has anyone else done this?

Health care - what would be the monthly payments?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Ayesha and Dave Ballinger

Northumberland

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Jo and Paul

There are certain visas that are processed quicker and it depends on what type of Migration you are pursuing.

What is the occupation you are applying under and what visa are you considering? Is it the Skilled - Australian Sponsored where the relies will sponsor you.

Tassie is a great place and I have fond memories of being there, although not my cup of tea because I like the sun and heat.

The timing for your skills assessment depends to a large degree on how quickly you can assemble the information and to which bodyyou are applying.

With healthcare, the cost depends on the level of private cover you opt for. you don't have to and it really depends on your circumstances. you could have a look at the Medibank site as a guide http://www.medibank.com.au/

Plesae ask more as we develop the thread

Regards

Archived