Clarification Aust. PR application for 3-yr architectural degree under "Architect" category

tintin tin

HI,

I'm wondering if anyone have similar experiences applying for Australia Permanent Residency after studying 3-year bachelor degree in Australia?

I have a BA. in Architectural Studies (Australia Uni.) and a RIBA Part 1 (3-year,UK).

I am doubtful if I could apply under Skill Migrant "ARCHITECT" nomination category? My degrees are both 3-year bachelor degrees NOT Master in Architecture.

After enquiring from AACA (Architect Accreditation Council of Australia), according to the email reply of the administration officer , it says I could apply for my qualification to be assessed even though it is not on the Recognized Architecture Qualifications list (MArch or BA. of Architecture - 5-year course) as long as my study in relation to architecture (in any country) adds up to at least 5 years.

I am just wondering if anyone had similar situation or had studied a 3-year bachelor degree, applied for PR in Australia and passed and which category of nomination do you apply under?

I just want to clarify on the information.

I have read that UK qualification (RIBA) been rejected under Australian architecture accreditation council and in my home country both my degrees haven't yet qualified me using the Architect title.

I just hope to get more information before sending in my application together with a thousand odd dollars ($1050) for assessment under AACA.

Otherwise which other category could I have applied for if it's not under Architecture professional body -AACA ?

Thank you!

Any little information is appreciated.

From what you have posted, if you apply for a pre-migration skills assessment as an architect, you would be wasting your time and money.

There might be other visa strategies open to you. May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for an assessment of your visa prospects?

If you were led to believe by a course provider or an 'education agent' that a particular course of study would enhance your future visa prospects, you are not Robinson Crusoe.

• 3 months later...
HI,

I'm wondering if anyone have similar experiences applying for Australia Permanent Residency after studying 3-year bachelor degree in Australia?

I have a BA. in Architectural Studies (Australia Uni.) and a RIBA Part 1 (3-year,UK).

I am doubtful if I could apply under Skill Migrant "ARCHITECT" nomination category? My degrees are both 3-year bachelor degrees NOT Master in Architecture.

After enquiring from AACA (Architect Accreditation Council of Australia), according to the email reply of the administration officer , it says I could apply for my qualification to be assessed even though it is not on the Recognized Architecture Qualifications list (MArch or BA. of Architecture - 5-year course) as long as my study in relation to architecture (in any country) adds up to at least 5 years.

I am just wondering if anyone had similar situation or had studied a 3-year bachelor degree, applied for PR in Australia and passed and which category of nomination do you apply under?

I just want to clarify on the information.

I have read that UK qualification (RIBA) been rejected under Australian architecture accreditation council and in my home country both my degrees haven't yet qualified me using the Architect title.

I just hope to get more information before sending in my application together with a thousand odd dollars ($1050) for assessment under AACA.

Otherwise which other category could I have applied for if it's not under Architecture professional body -AACA ?

Thank you!

Any little information is appreciated.

Hi

u been posted quite long ago however if u havnt got ur answer yet

the 3 year degree in architecture is just associate degree of architecture so

can't call urself an architect n not able to apply under skill migration in Australia

however u can apply as a Architectural drafts person if it in sol if not than only option is sponsorship

• 4 years later...
On 26/05/2015 at 00:21, Ajv said:

Hi

u been posted quite long ago however if u havnt got ur answer yet

the 3 year degree in architecture is just associate degree of architecture so

can't call urself an architect n not able to apply under skill migration in Australia

however u can apply as a Architectural drafts person if it in sol if not than only option is sponsorship

Hello, I really need some help with the Stage 1 Cover Letter of AACA, as the information available for the overseas qualification assessment is very limited

I would really appreciate it if you could provide a sample of same. Thanks.