Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

tintin tin

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Neutral

About tintin tin

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  1. HI, I'm wondering if anyone have similar experiences applying for Australia Permanent Residency after studying 3-year bachelor degree in Australia? I have a BA. in Architectural Studies (Australia Uni.) and a RIBA Part 1 (3-year,UK). I am doubtful if I could apply under Skill Migrant "ARCHITECT" nomination category? My degrees are both 3-year bachelor degrees NOT Master in Architecture. After enquiring from AACA (Architect Accreditation Council of Australia), according to the email reply of the administration officer , it says I could apply for my qualification to be assessed even though it is not on the Recognized Architecture Qualifications list (MArch or BA. of Architecture - 5-year course) as long as my study in relation to architecture (in any country) adds up to at least 5 years. I am just wondering if anyone had similar situation or had studied a 3-year bachelor degree, applied for PR in Australia and passed and which category of nomination do you apply under? I just want to clarify on the information. I have read that UK qualification (RIBA) been rejected under Australian architecture accreditation council and in my home country both my degrees haven't yet qualified me using the Architect title. I just hope to get more information before sending in my application together with a thousand odd dollars ($1050) for assessment under AACA. Otherwise which other category could I have applied for if it's not under Architecture professional body -AACA ? Thank you! Any little information is appreciated.