Immigration advice 457 visa

fimbo

I was granted a four year 457 visa in December 2013 but was unable to travel to Australia due to a number of reasons. However, I am in talks with the prospective employer. Do I have to start applying for a visa or do I just use the current that expires in 2017. I did travel to Australia for two weeks in 2014 though,

I was granted a four year 457 visa in December 2013 but was unable to travel to Australia due to a number of reasons. However, I am in talks with the prospective employer. Do I have to start applying for a visa or do I just use the current that expires in 2017. I did travel to Australia for two weeks in 2014 though,

If it is with the same employer that sponsored you for the 457, then most likely you do not need another visa and can travel to Australia and work for that employer on your current 457 visa; however I would recommend that you first consult a registered migration agent before you do this to confirm that all is still in order for you to travel to Australia and work for this employer. You will need to check that the visa hasn't been cancelled. Also, you say that you are in talks with the employer... If the contract of employment changes, you may need to apply for another visa (for example in particular if the role or other fundamental terms of the employment contract have changed)

Archived