nursing in Perth

Guest bshootz

Guest bshootz

My hubby and two sons and myself(of course) :shock: are hoping to migrate to Perth, i have just sent my skilled assessment of to the anmc.. Anyone know about the availability of nursing jobs in the Perth area, which hospitals are good etc.. dont really know which part yet, all depends on where i get a job. Thanks Beckyx :lol:

Hi Becky,

Phil Olsen has some contacts re nursing in Perth. I'm an RMN, I looked on the dep. of health website and found names of hospitals. I've been offered a job in Armadale (I want to live SOR), but this has yet to be confirmed by HR. (so taking nothing for granted until I get a start date)!!. I think they're crying out for nurses so don't think you'll have any problems getting fixed up.

The dept of health website is. http://www.health.wa.gov.au

Also you probably know this, but the ANMC don't hold central registration like the NMC do here in the UK, so you have to apply to the nursing board of WA - their website address is nbwa.org.au

Good luck Ali

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Becky

There is a huge shortage of nurses here and you should get a job very easily. I hav some contacts if you are interseted in finding out more

Phil

Guest bshootz

Thanks Phil am very interested,but have only just sent my skilled assessment off, i would love to work in the intensive care setting as this is where i am working at present and have worked for the past 5 years :) What visa do you recommend me applying for was thinking about the visa for permanant residecy. Beckyx

Becky,

It took about 3 weeks in all, I think there are a lot of nurses applying so don't worry if it gets to 4 weeks!! We're going in January (can't wait), exciting and scary all at the same time. I applied for 136 skilled visa, it was a pretty straight forward application for us so did it ourselves

Ali

Guest bshootz

I think i will give it a go and do it myelf also,i might be brave and apply on line :D . Just getting the house in order to sell, think we will put it on the market after christmas.Becky x

Archived