police check issues

amymelbs

Hello all,

I am having problems getting an FBI clearance which I require for my 189 application. It is my understanding that I need to provide a police check from every country that I have lived in for one year or more since I turned 16. I lived in the USA from the ages of 16-18 and I am now 24 years old.

I have sent two separate applications to the FBI, including a total of 12 sets of fingerprints. :arghh: The result is that they are unreadable. There is no option for me to have them taken digitally where I live.

I have read that for visa applications in NZ, where a police certificate is not available, one must provide a statutory declaration stating that he/she has not been found guilty, convicted of, or charged with offences against the law in the country of concern. (I know for a fact that my record is clean, btw.)

Does anyone know if there are any provisions like this for visa applicants to Australia? I am not using a migration agent, as my case is very straightforward, save for this annoying FBI issue!

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

If this is the case, then you need to contact your case officer (when you get one) and submit documentation including copies of the applications to the FBI, proof that you paid for the clearance, and any correspondence that have sent you.

I know the processing time is 16+ weeks with the FBI at the moment which is ridiculous especially since they are utilising completely unreliable technology.

It's entirely up to the case officer in cases like this.

On another forum, someone mentioned they called the FBI and the person they spoke with actually expedited the processing of their prints the third time as they had been rejected twice before as unreadable. Maybe try that. Get multiple sets of prints done when you go this time and send them all.

Archived