Biggera Waters State School

Guest Helaine

Guest Helaine

Is there anyone out there whos children went or are going to the above school, we are moving to Biggera Waters and would like some feed back on the school, and especially are there a lot if english kids there to help others settle in.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Helaine, hopefully Daniel will be starting prep there in January 2009. Been told its a good school, and they have their own pool :jiggy:and dentist. Lots of the kids on our street go, and they have a lovely blue uniform (which is NOT why he's going, btw!!). Not sure if there are many english kids- think most of those go to Pac Pines!!:biglaugh: They have a catchment area that we are just outside of, so when our rental tenancy expires in august, I think I'll move inside it so he's guaranteed a place. Of course, if someone will give us a mortgage by then, may have to rethink, as can't afford to buy here!

Jo

Guest Helaine

So most of them go to pac pines, great ! thats one area hubbi doesnt want to go to, he thinks its to built up, fine by me though as that means lots of kids and lots of mums for me to chat to i may just have to twist his arm..... and amy loves the uniform at BW so thats a start i guess, so house prices are they really that EXPENSIVE there then, i thought they were going down the same as here....

Guest Andrea Bridge

Watcha! I emailed the Head Teacher, and had a lovely response from her. Give it a go, and she will reassure you, no end. She is lovely. They have a great website too, and you can see how things are there... ie: outside classrooms etc.

Good luck!

Andrea x x x

It's more expensive than Pac Pines in Runaway Bay/Biggera Waters to buy in general, and tbh, haven't seen the prices falling as yet, cos we're looking to buy in a few months. If you stick a search in realestate.com with say a $450,000 maximum, you don't get many houses our way popping up! Coombabah is a bit cheaper. If you're renting, there's not that much in it. We pay $450 a week for a 4 bed in Runaway Lagoons, but there are cheaper to be found, (wish I'd found one!).

Runaway Bay shopping centre is having a bit of a makeover, the Sports Centre too I think is having a bit of money thrown that way, and maybe the AFL will be coming here if they pull their finger out? It's a lovely area; quite busy, but loads of facilities.

Jo

Archived