Please help!!

shanners

Hi,

I'm totally confused and need some help please!

My husband is looking to apply for visa 189 under Systems Analyst but doesn't have any tertiary qualifications so will be submitting a skills assessment and RPL based upon work experience only. The Suitability criteria says he needs 8 years relevant work experience completed anytime in past work history plus a successful RPL application'

This is fine but reading further it states Only employment completed after the date you have met the ACS suitability criteria will be counted as

“Skilled Employment” and eligible for migration points

So, lets say ACS gives him a “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” of 2006, as an example (he started working as a Systems Analyst in 1998 which give him 8 years experience up until 2006)

Does this mean he needs further 8 years after this point in order to qualify for the 15 points?

Thanks in advance!

No. I believe he needs 8 years in total, at a level acceptable to ACS. So for instance, 4 years as a Systems Analyst and 4 years on the helpdesk would only be 4 years experience.

I used Peter Chiam at http://www.ptlabs.com.au for help with my IT RPL application and I am very glad I did as I don't think I would be living here today if I hadn't.

BB

Thanks both,

In the RPL FAQ it also states 'Applicants with no tertiary qualifications require an additional 2 years of ICT skilledemployment (8 years in total) but in this instance the additional 2 years are not required to be

relevant to the ANZSCO code.

Does this mean if my husband started out his career as a ICT support technician in 1998 for 2 years, then was a system Analyst ever since. He could he potentially get a 'skill met' date in 2006? Therefore able to claim 8 years 'skilled' employment (2006-2014) for 15 points?

Thanks in advance!

I think all 8 years have to be at a "professional level". I would really seek the help of an agent to ensure that all 8 of his years meet this requirement, I am not clear whether support technician is considered to be. In my case they would not count my year spent in 1st/2nd line support.

BB

If the ACS says that he has a Skill Level Requirement Met Date of 2006, he can claim points for any work experience after that date provided that the work is as a Systems Analyst (or another occupation in the same ANZSCO Unit Group) and at a professional level.

I doubt very much if 2 years as an ICT Support Technician could be included in the 8 years experience he requires before reaching the Skill Level Met Date. ICT Support Technicians are not assessed by the ACS - they are assessed by TRA becasue they are regarded as a trade occupation rather than an ICT occupation.

Archived