White card

GabrielleWatson

Hi everyone, apologies if this is in the wrong place or has already been covered.

I see that most/all construction vacancies require a 'white card'. Checked it out online and it looks fairly straight forward, just an online course?

Just wondering if I can apply for this and complete the course whilst in the UK? We won't have a fixed address when we go out to australia and will be camping for the first month, so would be ideal if we could sort it out before we arrive.

Any info is much appreciated, thanks peeps! :) x

Hi Gabrielle,

Yeah any construction site's require you to have a white card to work on there sites. Course is well easy do it in half a day, I done mine in the UK up in London 3 years ago. It does not matter what state you get it for, mine was for WA but worked in Qld and NSW on the same card before you had to get a different one for each state.

I tried and find who I used.

All your card has

Name:

Card number:

State:

Date started:

Thanks for that :) i will definitely look into doing the course before I leave the UK then :) thanks again x

Be careful about doing an online course, as these are not accepted in all sates and territories, it may be more company/union driven but I know online cards were not generally accepted in South Australia and by some of the more larger companies in other states.

It is only a 1 day course and there are heaps of them all over at any given time so it might be best to wait until you get over to Aus.

I did mine on line 4 plus years ago before coming out ,it's a WA

Card but accepted in nsw ,this was with blue dog training

As per my previous post just be aware that online cards, though widely accepted are not accepted everywhere or by every company. Whilst I work in SE Queensland where I accept online cards on my sites (even had some guy's do the Blue Dog one on my site computer), I could not accept them whilst I was deployed to sites in South Australia, I also know that some of the larger projects that my employer has in Qld do not accept online cards either. To save on the possibility of not getting a job or having to pay twice, then the cover-all is to do a classroom based one. The courses are held virtually every day by some training organization or other, so not too difficult to find one when you first arrive or even get pre-booked onto one ready for your 1st day of arrival if that needy.

Archived