457 visa validity at offshore

drn

Hi All,

I got my 457 visa and will be working in Australia till September 2015. My question is once I come back to my country in october, still my 457 visa is valid up to the remaining 3.5 years ? or will it be cancelled after 90 days ? If it is valid then can I do the job search from my country ?

Please someone reply.

Your 457 will remain valid until it's cancelled. Once you finish employment in Sept. you have 90 days to find a new sponsor or DIBP may cancel the visa. You and your employer are both obligated to advise DIBP when you end your employment, so unless get a new sponsor to submit a nomination before the 90 days elapses, you can expect DIBP will cancel your visa.

You can search for a new job from outside Australia, but it will be significantly harder if you can't attend interviews in person. In addition to general reluctance to go through the bother of sponsoring visas, employers may be reluctant as well if they can't be sure when you will arrive and be available to start work.

Hi MaggieMay24,

Thanks for your quick reply. Does this 90 days time period applicable only when I am in Australia or even when I am in my country also ? if my sponsorer does not inform then still DIBP cancels my visa after 90 days ? And Does DIBP will cancel my Visa or the nomination with current employer ?

Please excuse if I am asking basic things. I am pretty much new to these things.

Both you and your employer are obligated to inform DIBP when your employment ends, so even if your employer doesn't do it, you need to. After 90 days, if DIBP doesn't receive a new nomination for your 457, they can begin the process to cancel your visa. It won't matter if you're onshore or offshore for them to begin that.

Archived