Painter & Decorator jobs

Smithy03

I have 20 yrs experience as a decorator and have been running my own business for the last 2 yrs.

We ideally want to move to the Kiama area of NSW but will go where the work is. Does anyone know where decorators are needed? Heard Perth might be better? Also seen a few jobs in Adelaide but haven't done any research there.

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Smithy have you thought of being self employed? My friend is a painter and decorator he has just moved from Cairns to Melbourne but always seems to have plenty of work.

• 6 months later...
Hi Smithy have you thought of being self employed? My friend is a painter and decorator he has just moved from Cairns to Melbourne but always seems to have plenty of work.

Thanks pom queen I'm not sure self employed is a good option as I'm moving from uk. My ideal job would be working for an ex pom is there any out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Smithy03

I'm a renovator from London. There is plenty of work in most states for good tradies. One way to gauge is to visit the (State) gumtree jobs site...my case Brisbane. If you're looking for a full time job it could be hard. As with the UK who you are counts...meaning same old thing people you know. Here you apply for an ABN after you get a tax file number whole process 20 minutes online. Then advertise and go for it. It's not a given you'll pull it off, but with your experience it's doable. Knock backs at first...yes..Keep going for it...yes! It's not easy..but worth it!...Best of luck Smithy

Thanks Frankly

We should be moving to the outskirts of Sydney in December and I've found someone who works in recruitment so fingers crossed they can find me a job. Do you know of any poms who have their own businesses in construction

Hiya! just wondering how you got on with finding work? My other half is a painter and decorator and has been for almost 20 years. He is looking for sponsorship in this field. Wondered if you had any tips?!

thanks

I think that sponsorship is unrealistic for a tradie. Does he not qualify for skilled migration? That would make life a whole lot simpler.

Archived