457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Aman, Did your SBS also expired. Now I have to apply SBS and nomination again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi aman

M from india 457 visa aply for dec. And still wating plzzz send u r timeline thx.

Hi Dorin,

When did your MA apply for the nomination? I think we might be in the same boat. Our company recently changed name even though they are/were an approved sponsor so they had to reapply. Here's my timeline:

May 5, 2016: Nomination application

June 22, 2016: DIBP asked to "update sponsorship component"

August 8, 2016: Application Received status

Our immigration lawyer and HR checked the status last week, "Application Received."

I have been waiting for 3 months and it is very very very frustrating.

Hi Dgg, Nomination applied in Dec15 and approved in Mar16. Did visa application in Mar16 and still waiting. But Standard business Sponsorship expired which was only valid for a year, approved last year August.

Thanks for the response. Does that mean you'd have to apply for another nomination? Or just the sponsorship and visa application? Gosh, I did not know it could take that long. Well at least you got your sponsorship approved. That's a good thing.

Thanks for the response. Does that mean you'd have to apply for another nomination? Or just the sponsorship and visa application? Gosh, I did not know it could take that long. Well at least you got your sponsorship approved. That's a good thing.

Hi Dggs, MA said we have to apply both SBS and nomination. Visa application will be on hold and wait these to be approved. This process will take more than two months.

Hi Dggs, MA said we have to apply both SBS and nomination. Visa application will be on hold and wait these to be approved. This process will take more than two months.

Our SBS Recently took about 7 weeks for approval.

Hi Dorin,

When did your MA apply for the nomination? I think we might be in the same boat. Our company recently changed name even though they are/were an approved sponsor so they had to reapply. Here's my timeline:

May 5, 2016: Nomination application

June 22, 2016: DIBP asked to "update sponsorship component"

August 8, 2016: Application Received status

Our immigration lawyer and HR checked the status last week, "Application Received."

I have been waiting for 3 months and it is very very very frustrating.

So the 8th August is the day they received your new sbs application? seems like they emailed the docs and its taken 2 months just to add them, now its gonna sit in application received for another 2 months before its looked at

I've no idea if it was for the new SBS or Nomination. Our HR and Immigration Lawyer submitted the documents in the 1st week of July. So far the status is still "Application Received." What we don't understand is that our company has always been an approved sponsor so it should not have any problems. Last year it only took 3 weeks for my colleague to get everything approved. Mine has taken 3 months and counting...

How about your case? How is your application going so far?

I've no idea if it was for the new SBS or Nomination. Our HR and Immigration Lawyer submitted the documents in the 1st week of July. So far the status is still "Application Received." What we don't understand is that our company has always been an approved sponsor so it should not have any problems. Last year it only took 3 weeks for my colleague to get everything approved. Mine has taken 3 months and counting...

How about your case? How is your application going so far?

My application is "received" both nomination / visa LR country currently in Oz now on BVA I'm not too worried how long it takes, I just hope there's no issues! Been waiting since 1st July so not too long.

Hope you get things sorted ;-)

Hey everyone, new here. I am a 26 year old PR & Corporate Communications Executive currently based in Mexico City. I was sponsored by an approved business May 30th and I lodged my pat of the visa on June 16th, so almost two months ago.

I am getting discouraged by the long processing times, but I still have a month to go before the High Risk threshold of 3 months. I received a TRN from my sponsor which I believe means they were already authorised to nominate prospective employees. Along with all the requested information I have also added a letter from my aunt who is a High Commissioner of Australia in South Africa (weird family connections..) stating my good character and stating I have family connections in Australia. The application status is still Received, and I haven't received one single email yet from the DIBP, so I guess I just need to wait.

Luckily I didn't need to present medicals since Mexico is exempt from that and I already had a tourist visa active so my biometrics were already in the system, but I am wondering how much I should wait or expect to receive some kind of news. I was told by another Mexican that he literally received his visa grant one week before 3 months passes, and that his status never changed to Under Assessment so keeping my fingers crossed.

I applied of shore so still in Mexico City for now.

:)

Hiya folks! Brand new to the board, and this is my first post!

Wife & I are moving to Oz at the start of October from Scotland, and have just recently had my 457 sponsored visa approved, so thought I'd share the processing time it took to arrive!

Application lodged 9th of June.

Visa approved & received on the 3rd of August.

Good luck to everyone waiting on theirs!

Hiya folks! Brand new to the board, and this is my first post!

Wife & I are moving to Oz at the start of October from Scotland, and have just recently had my 457 sponsored visa approved, so thought I'd share the processing time it took to arrive!

Application lodged 9th of June.

Visa approved & received on the 3rd of August.

Good luck to everyone waiting on theirs!

I was wondering where you guys are from? What country?

Also, did you lodge your visa on or off shore?

And lastly, where in Australia you're moving to?

That can have an impact on processing times and yours was kind of fast.

Good luck !

I was wondering where you guys are from? What country?

Also, did you lodge your visa on or off shore?

And lastly, where in Australia you're moving to?

That can have an impact on processing times and yours was kind of fast.

Good luck !

Hi Adolfolsr

We're both UK citizens, moving from Scotland to Sydney, and the MA was based in England.

Hope this helps shine a bit more light on it!

Also, my wife was granted a spousal visa on my 457. Seems like quite a fast turnaround!

Hi Adolfolsr

We're both UK citizens, moving from Scotland to Sydney, and the MA was based in England.

Hope this helps shine a bit more light on it!

Also, my wife was granted a spousal visa on my 457. Seems like quite a fast turnaround!

Seems like a perfect turnaround time, wish they were all like that lol. Good luck with the move to Sydney ;-)

Hello everyone,

Got my visa approved today:)

Applied for my spouse and myself.

Following is the timeline :

Application lodged on 21st June 2016

Application approved/granted on 12th August 2016

Note: medicals were done before lodging application along with supporting documents which includes 1221, education certificates, work experience certificates, marriage certificate etc.

My visa was applied online by Australia MA while i was in India.

I am from a HR country and heading to Brisbane,QLD. My position is ICT Business Analyst

Hope everyone get it soon!

I understand how the waiting period feels!!

All the best guys!!

Hello everyone,

Got my visa approved today:)

Applied for my spouse and myself.

Following is the timeline :

Application lodged on 21st June 2016

Application approved/granted on 12th August 2016

Note: medicals were done before lodging application along with supporting documents which includes 1221, education certificates, work experience certificates, marriage certificate etc.

My visa was applied online by Australia MA while i was in India.

I am from a HR country and heading to Brisbane,QLD. My position is ICT Business Analyst

Hope everyone get it soon!

I understand how the waiting period feels!!

All the best guys!!

Congrats! Mine was lodged a couple of days before yours so hopeful still. I was wondering, once you have the TRN tracking number that means the Sponsorship has been approved right? I haven't received any requests for more information or anything. What happened is that my employer had already sponsored someone before, so they were already a registered sponsor company.

They nominated me and gave me a TRN, at which point I lodged my application June 16. My sponsor payed 1090 AUD and I payed 1090 AUD as well.

The status hasn't changed from Received yet. I am from a HR country and applied of shore.

It's just so difficult because no one seems to know exactly how the process works. I've had friends from HR having their approved in days and others from LR taking up to 6 months.

Getting a little bit discouraged.

Congrats Prashant on your visa.I have applied since 24th March 2016 and still no news.

did you company have the sponsorship approval in advance?

I have completed medical requests in May as requested. no news from DIBP at all.

Archived