457 - Current processing times

tbk

Another week done and a long weekend again, good luck for Tuesday...

223112 | 457 | Nomination 23/3/16 | Visa application 24/3/16 | Nomination approval ? | Visa approval ?

Tuesday? Don't tell me it's a holiday Monday over there? Even longer to wait :(

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys did you need an ielts for the 457 ? They seem to be processed really quick ! Also where are you all heading!

Yes you do unless you are from UK, Ireland or USA. But go for PTE-A instead, not long wait for appointment or results.

Hi, I have been following the thread for a while as I am waiting for my visa to be approved. My 457 application is a bit more technical as the sponsoring company is a start-up. My nomination and visa application got submitted on 19/02 but we are still waiting on the SBS as well. Everything applied through an MA. Now it has been over 9 weeks, can the MA email the DIBP for an update, especially as we are now past the standard processing times? He just keeps saying that the immigration department does not provide updates. Surely the MA can see some kind of update through their immi account? From a low risk country and heading to Melbourne. Thanks.

My Visa application and nomination were submitted on the 25th of February. The DIBP came back and asked for more information regarding my son's permission to be included on the visa from his mum (form 1229) on the 14th of April. It was submitted the same day and we've been waiting for the last couple of weeks. I spoke to my migration agent and they said they are not given a name of anyone that they can speak to, and that they are only informed of the outcome of any reviews (for information or approval/rejection). I'm not sure if they were dodging the question more though.

My Visa application and nomination were submitted on the 25th of February. The DIBP came back and asked for more information regarding my son's permission to be included on the visa from his mum (form 1229) on the 14th of April. It was submitted the same day and we've been waiting for the last couple of weeks. I spoke to my migration agent and they said they are not given a name of anyone that they can speak to, and that they are only informed of the outcome of any reviews (for information or approval/rejection). I'm not sure if they were dodging the question more though.

7 weeks before they come back for more info, not good ?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Hi, I have been following the thread for a while as I am waiting for my visa to be approved. My 457 application is a bit more technical as the sponsoring company is a start-up. My nomination and visa application got submitted on 19/02 but we are still waiting on the SBS as well. Everything applied through an MA. Now it has been over 9 weeks, can the MA email the DIBP for an update, especially as we are now past the standard processing times? He just keeps saying that the immigration department does not provide updates. Surely the MA can see some kind of update through their immi account? From a low risk country and heading to Melbourne. Thanks.

The Immi Account will simply say that the applications are in process. DIBP aren't normally forthcoming with much information when they are called, so pretty much all you can do is wait.

It's the 4th week since our 457 visa application has been lodged and the current status is still APPLICATION RECEIVED AND WILL BE ASSESSED SOON. Do you guys have an idea how many weeks will it usually take to change the status to ASSESSMENT ON PROGRESS?

Thanks!

Low risk country (UK). We're heading to Melbourne. Just need to sort out notice period with current employers and organise flight booking with new employers. It's all go now.

It looks like the DIBP are sticking to the 40 day mark, which has been pretty frustrating. Hang in there everyone.

Low risk country (UK). We're heading to Melbourne. Just need to sort out notice period with current employers and organise flight booking with new employers. It's all go now.

It looks like the DIBP are sticking to the 40 day mark, which has been pretty frustrating. Hang in there everyone.

Cool? that's where I'm hopefully going. I'm from UK and waiting 7weeks now

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

It's the 4th week since our 457 visa application has been lodged and the current status is still APPLICATION RECEIVED AND WILL BE ASSESSED SOON. Do you guys have an idea how many weeks will it usually take to change the status to ASSESSMENT ON PROGRESS?

Thanks!

My agent said 4-6 weeks for everything to finish, we are closing our 5th week tomorrow. From the forum it seems to be 6-8 weeks (closer to 40 working days)... Sometimes the status doesn't even change and goes straight to finalized... Hope that helps

Wow so fast! Did most of you use an agent we have a second conference call this week to discuss the 457 visa so we will hopefully be starting I c the next few weeks ! If you did use agents in the uk which ones and what kind of price ??? Thanks

Great news for us. Visa just approved, total timeline 5 weeks. Extra docs submitted was Vetassess assessment for the occupation.

223112 | 457 | Nomination 23/3/16 | Visa application 24/3/16 | Nomination approval ? | Visa approval 27/4/16

Archived