457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems the contact from my employer made all the difference. I also received an apology for an oversight from the visa office for causing delay. Yippee.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yayy:) congrats! Really happy for you! Did your employer call or email DIBP ?

They emailed. Amazing after weeks of my trying it was granted within 24 hrs of my employer contacting them. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
You must be very excited.. How does it feel now? After that never seemed to end wait!..all the best for your travel and job ahead:)... You ll be missed on the forum though!

You must be very excited.. How does it feel now? After that never seemed to end wait!..all the best for your travel and job ahead:)... You ll be missed on the forum though!

Much as I've enjoyed the forum I'm not sure I'll miss the waiting! ? It feels amazing to finally be able to plan to go. The kids especially are excited and we are on our last day of cleaning up at our old house - we are a bit more motivated than yesterday. Such a massive relief. Can't wait to sit down with a drink later and know that everything is in order. Phew. Hope you get yours soon, good luck.

Much as I've enjoyed the forum I'm not sure I'll miss the waiting!  It feels amazing to finally be able to plan to go. The kids especially are excited and we are on our last day of cleaning up at our old house - we are a bit more motivated than yesterday. Such a massive relief. Can't wait to sit down with a drink later and know that everything is in order. Phew. Hope you get yours soon, good luck.

Time for you to celebrate and for the rest of us to wait:D yet again!

Progress - Nomination was approved on Monday - Didn't put visa app in until end of March but hopefully not too long now...

Timeline:

Nomination applied: 7th March 16

Visa Applied 31st March 16

Nomination Approved: 18th April

Visa Approved: ????

Great News! Visa has been granted today [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] 43 working days from application being submitted. WAHOO!!!

Congrats. My 40 working days were pretty close :)

Nomination Approved: December 2015

Visa Applied: Feburary 19th 2016

Immi asked for medical and it was done and submitted the next day 9th April

My current application status is "assessment in progress" it's been almost two weeks now and i have no answer...

Still waiting... Trying to stay positive but its hard when you are stuck in a limbo

Hopefully we all get a good answer soon.

Nomination Approved: December 2015

Visa Applied: Feburary 19th 2016

Immi asked for medical and it was done and submitted the next day 9th April

My current application status is "assessment in progress" it's been almost two weeks now and i have no answer...

Still waiting... Trying to stay positive but its hard when you are stuck in a limbo

Hopefully we all get a good answer soon.

Are you sure the clinic has uploaded your results? They can take up to 3 weeks from what i have heard, better follow up with them rather than loosing time.

Btw how long did it take for your nomination approval?

Are you sure the clinic has uploaded your results? They can take up to 3 weeks from what i have heard, better follow up with them rather than loosing time.

Btw how long did it take for your nomination approval?

hello... yes they uploaded the very next day... I can see it on my immi account as well... The nomination got approved in around a months time... I applied through an agent in Mid November... At that time they only asked me to get an xray done because I was onshore and no one mentioned or requested any other tests... but now since they contacted i got everything else done...I am still a bit confused whether I should get bio metrics done or not...DIBP hasnt asked for it and MA has left it on me if I want to get it done or not anyone has any information about that?

Hi sbspaus, I see your nomination and visa application was submitted around same time as mine 24/3, your nomination outcome should be roughly the same time. Still waiting, holding thumbs. good luck to all!

Hi. Logically yes we should hear something around the same time, but from what i have understood there doesnt seem to be any logic to the applications being processed:(. Just entered the 5th week of waiting...

So, here's a question for all. Do you think the processing time depends on the type of docs submitted? Like if you submit Vetassess assessment will it make any difference? I personally don't think it does but then again it doesn't look like applications are picked up based on dates submitted either...

223112 | 457 | Nomination 23/3/16 | Visa application 24/3/16 | Nomination approval ? | Visa approval ?

hello... yes they uploaded the very next day... I can see it on my immi account as well... The nomination got approved in around a months time... I applied through an agent in Mid November... At that time they only asked me to get an xray done because I was onshore and no one mentioned or requested any other tests... but now since they contacted i got everything else done...I am still a bit confused whether I should get bio metrics done or not...DIBP hasnt asked for it and MA has left it on me if I want to get it done or not anyone has any information about that?

Wow that was quick for the nomination...

As for the biometrics, to be honest i have been following various forums and threads and never heard of anyone being asked to do the biometrics. Check below link, I'm sure you can call these places and see if you are required to complete the biometrics (although 457 visa is not listed)

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Biom/biometrics-countries

Hi folks

Received grant this morning. Over the moon. Limbo is a horrible thing.

Nomination and visa submitted

01/03/2016

Nomination and visa approved

21/04/2016

No request for any additional info.

Family of 4 from low risk country. I nearly feel guilty that I submitted after some on this post and have been granted earlier than them. But keep faith, your visas will come through. Good luck to everyone

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

According to my MA in Aussi, the current turnaround time for nomination approval is 6 - 8 weeks.

Mine said 4-6 weeks, also based i Aus. Just have to wait and see, i am prepared for 8-12 weeks but my God is this wait horrible or what...

Hi folks

Received grant this morning. Over the moon. Limbo is a horrible thing.

Nomination and visa submitted

01/03/2016

Nomination and visa approved

21/04/2016

No request for any additional info.

Family of 4 from low risk country. I nearly feel guilty that I submitted after some on this post and have been granted earlier than them. But keep faith, your visas will come through. Good luck to everyone

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Mine was put in on 9/03/16

Low risk

Hopefully hear something soon??

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Archived