457 - Current processing times

tbk

filed my application with everything on 26th of Nov and my MA sent inquiry on 4th of Jan, but still nothing heard from immi yet. feel quite odd as 457 application should havethe priority over 189 or other applications according to immi website but how come they are processing 189 so fast based what I read from other threads. as people said, waiting is killing me!!!!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 457 was approved today. Application submitted on Dec 24th and approved on Jan 12th, high risk country.

Seriously this system of theirs makes no sense whatsoever.

Congrats, and I'm glad to see they're still processing 457, if not somewhat in a bizarre order.

Congrats pildav! Which state are you heading to?

I wasn't expecting approval that quick either, after reading this thread even though MA did tell me that processing time will be 2-3 weeks back when it was lodged. But yeah, looks like sometimes luck gets on my side.

Hi All,

I'm new to the thread.

I too feel the pain of waiting for my 457 company sponsored Visa...! I check my email like a lunatic 50 times a day in the hope that I get my Visa Grant.

I sent all my docs off to my MA on the 19th Nov 2015, heard nothing at all, then on the 10th Dec 2015 I was asked for proof of medical insurance which I sent back on the same day and I was informed by MA that generally a couple weeks after the medical insurance cover is produced the visa would normally come through, however that 2 weeks took me to the Christmas Eve which then meant an additional 2 weeks of waiting as Immi shut down until 4th Jan 16 and my MA wasn't back until the 6th Jan, I have asked for an update but as of yet I haven't heard anything, I'm hoping the delay is due to the fact that I'm taking my wife and my son and more checks are needed to be done. I'm from a low risk country (UK) so I thought I would have heard something by now. unfortunately I cant access my immi account to see my status as my MA lodged the application, has anybody else got the application details from there MA and logged in or can it only be done if you personally apply without an MA?

Hi All,

I'm new to the thread.

I too feel the pain of waiting for my 457 company sponsored Visa...! I check my email like a lunatic 50 times a day in the hope that I get my Visa Grant.

I sent all my docs off to my MA on the 19th Nov 2015, heard nothing at all, then on the 10th Dec 2015 I was asked for proof of medical insurance which I sent back on the same day and I was informed by MA that generally a couple weeks after the medical insurance cover is produced the visa would normally come through, however that 2 weeks took me to the Christmas Eve which then meant an additional 2 weeks of waiting as Immi shut down until 4th Jan 16 and my MA wasn't back until the 6th Jan, I have asked for an update but as of yet I haven't heard anything, I'm hoping the delay is due to the fact that I'm taking my wife and my son and more checks are needed to be done. I'm from a low risk country (UK) so I thought I would have heard something by now. unfortunately I cant access my immi account to see my status as my MA lodged the application, has anybody else got the application details from there MA and logged in or can it only be done if you personally apply without an MA?

Hi leeluce, I feel your pain. I am in a very similar situation.

You can import the application your MA submitted if you get the TRN number from them. First you have to setup an account at https://online.immi.gov.au and the you import the application.

immi.png

immi.png

Lucky you pildav! I thought you might be heading to a different state and that's why your visa got approved that quickly, but it looks like that doesn't matter, as I'm heading to Sydney as well, waiting for a visa decision since November. At least my company was asked for more papers on the nomination application, so hopefully we can get a decision on this application part soon.

Feels so good by the way to have this forum. Definetely feels like you're not alone waiting out there :) fingers crossed for everyone!

Got my visa today..... can't believe it. Visa was lodged on 30th November. Will arrive on the Gold Coast on Wednesday to see family, then drive up to Yeppoon/Rockhampton. Hope everyone else has good news this week xx

Congratulations TimTam!!! Do you know when the sponsorship was approved?

Congrats, I'm so happy for you.. Hope more good news will follow for us waiting :)

Got my visa today..... can't believe it. Visa was lodged on 30th November. Will arrive on the Gold Coast on Wednesday to see family, then drive up to Yeppoon/Rockhampton. Hope everyone else has good news this week xx

More good news here!

Applied 8th Dec, nomination accepted on Tuesday and got the approval email from the Migration Agent this morning :)

For everyone in the same position I was in 24 hours ago keep confident - there are an awful lot of people on this site who will tell you that applications are difficult, things are getting harder and that applications can take months and months to get approved. All of those things are true but they are exceptions and all you hear on sites like this are the hard luck stories and rarer cases. The vast bulk of people just get on and get in with no drama and fuss so don't panic!

Congrats Andrew and thanks so much for your positive words! You and TimTam getting your visas and what you said give me such a good feeling that I also don't have to wait much longer - fingers crossed :cute:

Did anyone of you see the status on the immi account change from Application Received to Application in Progress? Or did it go straight to finalised?

More good news here!

Applied 8th Dec, nomination accepted on Tuesday and got the approval email from the Migration Agent this morning :)

For everyone in the same position I was in 24 hours ago keep confident - there are an awful lot of people on this site who will tell you that applications are difficult, things are getting harder and that applications can take months and months to get approved. All of those things are true but they are exceptions and all you hear on sites like this are the hard luck stories and rarer cases. The vast bulk of people just get on and get in with no drama and fuss so don't panic!

Congrats Andrew and thanks so much for your positive words! You and TimTam getting your visas and what you said give me such a good feeling that I also don't have to wait much longer - fingers crossed :cute:

Did anyone of you see the status on the immi account change from Application Received to Application in Progress? Or did it go straight to finalised?

It'll come through - where are you going to?

We had a Migration Agent manage the whole thing, I didn't even get the TRN number so had no visibility of changes to status. I did get a mail saying that my Nomination was approved a couple of days before the full approval though so you will probably get some warning. Ours was a slightly complicated application in that there is me, my wife and two kids as well as some health stuff so we were worried it would take a while but in fairness it was bang on time, once you take the holidays into account.

Heading to Sydney and I applied with my partner together. I can see progress on our nomination application, so I really hope that this comes through these days and that our application gets approved shortly after. So good to see that it went fast on your side :)

I too had a migration officer. However I also kept a track on it using the immi account. No mine was at application received for the whole time and then finalised. I really wish you all the best and hope you don't wait too long!

Good luck with it all

Archived