Can I go home for 4 months on a 457 visa?

EddieT

Hey there, my Great Uncle is 95, and has had a fall. I wanted to spend some time with him in case he passes away soon. I have a 4 year visa, and am currently 25 months in. I want to apply for PR but can't wait 8 months or so for it to be granted. I was hoping that I could go home for 4 months or so, and then come back, and apply? My boss is willing to keep my job open, but obviously won't pay me for 4 months.

Will my visa get canelled? Can I still apply for PR if I can come back? Any information would be great. Many thanks Eddie

Hey there, my Great Uncle is 95, and has had a fall. I wanted to spend some time with him in case he passes away soon. I have a 4 year visa, and am currently 25 months in. I want to apply for PR but can't wait 8 months or so for it to be granted. I was hoping that I could go home for 4 months or so, and then come back, and apply? My boss is willing to keep my job open, but obviously won't pay me for 4 months.

Will my visa get canelled? Can I still apply for PR if I can come back? Any information would be great. Many thanks Eddie

Why not apply now?

Depends which one you apply for but I was of the impression the current timing is a lot shorter than that. The 189 file is showing people who applied in October being granted visas:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=84

Averaging around 2-3 months it would seem.

Maybe applying for PR with everything sorted before you leave (medicals etc) and then go for up to a maximum of 3 months.

I assume if they issue the PR whilst you're over there you can always stay for longer or do you have be physically present in the

country to get the PR?

M

Archived