Sorry been slacking !! (Merry Christmas and New Year)

milo 52

Hi Everyone,

Sorry haven't been on here a while must be near a 1 year, bad me.

Just got back from a awesome 2years in Australia loved every min from driving a road trains and working in the Outback and camping out.

Well my plan 2 years ago was to go out and get a sponsorship as a plumber, I worked on a farm mustering cattle in NSW then for a Hay contractor in inner QLD to gain my second year they were my awesome 3months after that I headed back to Sydney and landed a job with a Civil company they fly me to byron bay way and put me up in a house to work on a site there, after the work finish there they fly me back to Sydney to work there and I did not like living there, ( I like it up north Qld) lucky was only there for a month then sadly my six months were up.

So after that I went traveling for a bit done the east coast and middle , then headed back up north to work up there for a while, after finishing there I headed back to Sydney to come back to the UK but a month before I left, The Hay Contractor rang me and said I want to sponsor you. So me and him started the ball rolling then a week later the visa woman rang up and said sorry he can't sponsor you because your a plumber and he's putting you down as a farm hand that means your taking someones job any from them. Sucks!!!

So back in UK now looking at going back on a skill visa, just need: police check, med, english test (whats stupid because I was born and bread in the UK)

Any one know were I can do it?

I would be very happy driving a tractor up and down a paddock and mustering cattle..:)

I have done a lot more places but had to zoom out to fit it all in.

Screen Shot 2014-12-07 at 4.08.16 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-12-07 at 4.08.16 pm.jpg

Hey milo. Welcome back to pio.

Can't help you with the English test question but there should be plenty threads about it or just google IElTS test.

Hope you get back out there soon :)

Thanks Scottishstacey, You over there still or in Scotland. snowing down south can't beat a bit of good old snow:D

left my town in Oz it was 45 degrees.

Thanks Scottishstacey, You over there still or in Scotland. snowing down south can't beat a bit of good old snow:D

left my town in Oz it was 45 degrees.

I'm still in Scotland, hoping to go over to aus in September on a WHV. Just need to save up or I won't make it in time :)

I'm a bit jealous of down south getting snow, we haven't had any for a while and where I live didn't get much! 45 degrees sounds a nightmare for me lol I'll melt in that heat!!

Wow Milo, that looks awesome. How many places did you fit in to your 2 years!!!!!! You have just about covered every base! So....... what was your favourite place? and what area did you seem to get work easiest?

Really happy for you!

My hubby will have to do the IELTS test, you can sit it as many times as needed, however at £140 a pop you don't want to be sitting too many!!!

Hey they do the ielts test in most cities if you go on the website and id highly recommend doing the test papers as I did a level English and still found it hard due ro layout and Time x

Cheers pinknurse83, is there any good website to do a test paper online or just google IELTS. See Ive got NVQ 2 in english and maths would that count or still have to do the test. I am worried of not getting a level 8, how long is the test?

Wow Milo, that looks awesome. How many places did you fit in to your 2 years!!!!!! You have just about covered every base! So....... what was your favourite place? and what area did you seem to get work easiest?

Really happy for you!

My hubby will have to do the IELTS test, you can sit it as many times as needed, however at £140 a pop you don't want to be sitting too many!!!

Hi adele244,

I fitted a lot in will count them up and let ya know? but must easy be over 100+. I start keeping all my boarding passes and travel passes. Well I thought if i cover most of Australia, I can pick were to live for good, just sadly did not get up to broome looks a awesome place but always next time.

The place I loved the most was Lennox Head about 20mins from ballina. Lived there for 4months, 5min walk to beach and bar and not packed because not many holiday makers know about it. :D But also I do like living and working inner QLD on a station, way of life is just different.

I got more work up north and inner QLD, if you like living in the outback.

140 a pop thats crazy, worst thing is if your born and bread in the UK you still got to do it. Have you done any practice ones yet? and is it all day and when do you get your results.

Cheers pinknurse83, is there any good website to do a test paper online or just google IELTS. See Ive got NVQ 2 in english and maths would that count or still have to do the test. I am worried of not getting a level 8, how long is the test?

Hey! Yes google ielts and go on the official website and when you book on theres test papers on there. The tests last a whole day really so go prepared. If your appplying for a skilled visa im sure you have to do the test even with qualifications in English! ( bizarre I know!!) I found the questions ok its just the layout of the papers and time constraints so at least if you practice you will be prepared and less likely to have to repeat. Iv heard of people with english degrees fail because they were unprepared. Hope this helps x

If you want points for English, you'll have to do IELTS or one of the other tests that are now accepted. There are several good threads on PIO with all kinds of tips and hints on getting good IELTS scores - here are a couple of them:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/194414-ielts-tomorrow-thursday.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/106001-ielts-rant.html

Archived