Opinions on TAFE??

minimel2710

Hi all

After casually looking for a bit of work I have come to the conclusion that you have to be trained to do more or less anything in Australia (with the exception of a few things of course.. :) So... Im thinking of doing a course in the new year to gain me a qualification and help me get a little job. Has anybody done any training with TAFE and what were their experiences like?

I am probably going to do something along the lines of health administration but am open to suggestions if somebody has particularly enjoyed a course...

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Hi

I did a TAFE course in Children's Services, (Childcare Educator), here in Sydney. I completed my Certificate 3, my Diploma and First Aid courses. I can genuinely say that the majority of the teachers that I had for my course, were knowledgeable, enthusiastic, approachable, helpful.

Mine is a long story but suffice to say I have finally completed course, (due to life and family matters) and at the moment I believe I have done quite well with distinctions and credit.

From my point of view, TAFE offers stability and availability of resources. If you are full time and not an international student, some discounts for travel and shopping are available to you.

There have been recent government changes, so the pay structure has changed dramatically for courses. Go and have a chat with the office admin.

BEGal