dilemma, sons stupidity

Guest rob muckley

Guest rob muckley

my son is nearly 17 and over the last 12 months has gotten into trouble with the police which has resulted in him getting a police record for 2 accounts of public disorder and an assault charge(plus a few other arrests which were all released with out charge) of which only amounted to fines. i felt this would stop us gaining the visa so have applied without him on the application even though he still has to complete the character forms and police checks and is still classed as a dependant till he's 18, i am now feeling guilty and was wondering if i could could change my mind and include him on the application and take a gamble on the dimia taking a leniant view on such a stupid adolescent. does anyone know of any similar cases or can shed any light on how serious these convictions will impact on the visa application.

tra passed july 06

app sent sept 06

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Rob

From what I have read, these are very minor offences and the fact that your son is a (no doubt hormone-driven) adolescent would be taken into account. I doubt that his misdemeanours would lead to visa-refusal.

I've no idea whether you could add him to your application belatedly, though.

I hope it all works out well for you.

Cheers

Gill

Guest spray21

It might cause lots of stress but might there not be a way for you to go to Oz on your own visa, with him on a temp/tourist visa - and start proceedings for him having his own visa to join his family out there, or a working holiay visa or something like that? It might be worth a try if you decide not to/you can't add him to your current application. Hope it works out for you in the end!

Guest stury01

we had a similar situation, our application was already sent but the police checks didn't count against us and our visa's were granted so off to Brisbane in november. :lol: :lol: 8)

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Rob

Depending on your visa application type your son may be added to your application as long as your application has not be determined (ie granted or refused). I assume that you are applying for a Skilled Independent Visa (136) and therefore it should be possible to write to DIMA and have your son included on your application.

I will PM you wth the regulation which states what you have to include.

regards

Archived