Renewing an E-visitor (subclass 651) visa

Biker Dave

Quick question.

My current visa expires on June 17th 2015.

I used it this year for 3 months.

Can I apply for a new one next March as I want to come back over end of March after the 17th for 3 months?

If yes will the new one commence on June 18th 2015?

TIA

Hi Maggie,

It states "Maintaining a valid Visa".

Your visa allows you multiple entries to Australia until June 17th 2015. You are allowed to stay for a period of 3 months on each arrival.

It is important to take note of these dates. You will need to leave Australia or make alternative arrangements with the department before this date or you will become unlawful. If you think you will not be able to depart Australia by the date your visa expires, you should contact the department as soon as possible.

As @MaggieMay24 has told you, if you plan to come back in March 2015 (or for that matter, at any time before June 18th), you don't need a new visa. You can enter Australia at any time up to the last day of your eVisitor validity and then stay for 3 months even when that takes you well beyond the expiry date.

If you were to apply for a new eVisitor, it would be valid for 12 months from the date of grant, not from the date of expiry of your current visa.

As @MaggieMay24 has told you, if you plan to come back in March 2015 (or for that matter, at any time before June 18th), you don't need a new visa. You can enter Australia at any time up to the last day of your eVisitor validity and then stay for 3 months even when that takes you well beyond the expiry date.

If you were to apply for a new eVisitor, it would be valid for 12 months from the date of grant, not from the date of expiry of your current visa.

Hi Ozmaniac, My life gets more complicated. I am renewing my passport in January and know i have to advise immigration of the new number etc. My Australian partner now wants to get married in the UK next March so that all her UK friends can be there. We will be flying back together in April, me still on my 651 e-visitor visa. Do I have to tell immigration that I am married as part of my "Change of circumstances". I can't remember if when applying for the 651 if marital status was one of the questions.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Not sure if it's an absolute requirement for a temporary visa like a 651 but given that you will be applying for a Partner visa at some time, best to keep things consistent between visas and advise them.

Thanks for that. Just wondered if they might think it odd that being married I would probably apply for a Subclass 820 Partner Temporary when I got back to Australia and cancel the 651 because it is supposed to be a tourist visa. What I can't understand is why they don't have a clause in the 651 stating that it cannot be used for people to get to Australia and apply for Partner visa's.

Archived