EOI submitted, can anyone tell me how long it is till you get a reply?

joanne

i was just worried about handing over the 4.5k and then something cropping up on our medicals, police checks are certainly fine but my partner has high blood pressure :unsure:

Understandable but you don't get the results of medicals - they go direct to DIBP. If there's a major problem that you need to know about, you'll be told, but apart from that, you won't know what's in the report. Plenty of people with high BP get visas so you probably don't have anything to worry about if it's controlled by medication or lifestyle measures.

It may be worth while seeing your gp before the exam as if the bp is very high and uncontrolled (i.e. unmedicated) that will cause a concern at the medical. Your far better having normal bp on the day and admitting to using one regular med than coming in with a bp of 180/110 that hasn't been cared for. That said I have a friend get residency with severe arthritis requiring daily injections and that went fine.

we get our meds and police check done first before applying ..right?

I decided to get mine all sorted beforehand. I noticed that everyone seems to have the same things requested and figured I may as well.

The medical can be done prior to submitting your application but if you already submitted then you have to wait for the CO to request it.

Of course, the CO can ask you to do further medicals or redo something (a little disclaimer from the immigration site, I guess) but I'm not sure how likely it is.

In terms of PCC, I got my UK one sorted and decided to go ahead and get my Oz one too. I've been in Oz for about 10months of the last year so will probably be over the year by the time I get a CO assigned. It took them all of a few hours to process and post it!

• 2 weeks later...

When you say CRB/DBS do you mean the police check for your visa application?

If so, you need this for the UK: http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

I did mine as premium service w/international posting and had it completed in a day and received in Oz in 2 weeks.

If you've lived in another country for a total of a year or more (in the last ten years, I think) then you need one for that too.

FYI, the reason I went premium was because I wasn't sure how long I would be at my current address and I was running out of the 6 month limit for the address proof with the letters I had in Oz with me. Not that I would get a better service!

Save your money if you can :P

may i ask, my son and i are going on my partners 189 visa (as hes younger than me) but our plan is for him to go first to job search/rental search/school search rather than drag my 7 yr old around, can he activate the visa and then we follow a few mths later?does anyone know??

may i ask, my son and i are going on my partners 189 visa (as hes younger than me) but our plan is for him to go first to job search/rental search/school search rather than drag my 7 yr old around, can he activate the visa and then we follow a few mths later?does anyone know??

So long as you and your son still arrive by the activation deadline that's ok... your husband as the main applicant can enter first and alone.. but he will only be activating his visa. He cannot activate yours.

If you fail to travel by the activation date you will pretty much forfeit your visas as far as I am aware.