Painter and decorator work

clairecobb

My fiance and I are in the same boat. He's a painter to trade as well though working in the management side now.

We're hoping to be in Perth early next year and have friends there just now who have checked out with painting firms he is coming into contact through his work (joiner) & he has said there is loads of work for my fiance either on or off the tools. Don't know salaries though, best bet is to check Aus job boards xx

hi Claire. just to let you know that there are plenty painters in Perth looking for good painters...they seem to be little of them going about. If your hubby is looking to work for himself then he needs to get his registration. This means he will need to sit a few tests. Ive been here over 6 years now and started as a painter so know quite a few companies now. It depends on what area you are moving into also. E mail me if you want more info on working for your self... Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
hi Claire. just to let you know that there are plenty painters in Perth looking for good painters...they seem to be little of them going about. If your hubby is looking to work for himself then he needs to get his registration. This means he will need to sit a few tests. Ive been here over 6 years now and started as a painter so know quite a few companies now. It depends on what area you are moving into also. E mail me if you want more info on working for your self... Good luck

Hi, how do you register as a painter? My OH is a painter decorator has been for 30 years thinking of moving over end February but feeling some concerns regarding work. Do you feel there is still plenty of work around for painters? Thank you.

Archived