nasirshah

Hi Debbs,

Ours is exactly same situation all of us are Australian citizens/PRs except my brother. He is on a Graduate 485 visa so thankfully his application was Onshore subclass 835 as well.

Another thing I am not sure if you know is that a Bridging Visa is automatically granted when you apply for a LRR visa. The details of it will be in the Acknowledgement Letter sent by IMMI. My brother got full working rights and access to medicare. However the Bridging Visa will come into force when his graduate visa expires next year. I guess it will be same for your son, once his Working Holiday Visa expires he will automatically switch on to the Bridging Visa the next day. That bridging visa might not have any work restrictions. He might also be eligible for medicare.

Like lebourvellec said, if he meets someone whose entire family are Australian citizens/PRs then his LRR won't be impact but if the partner has a family member who is not Australian citizen/PR then his application will be become invalid. He better ask for a family tree and all family passports before he gets into a relationship lol :wink:

However if the partner is Australian citizen/PR then she can sponsor him for a spouse visa after which he can expect PR in 12-18 months.

Thanks for info on Queuing Letter, I have been precisely after this information since I started the thread. Got it now :-)

Hi,

my son got his bridging visa with his acknowledgement letter he can only work under the same conditions as his WHV unless we get them lifted. If your brother is a student he will have to apply to work as his bridging visa will only let him study in Australia.

Anyway let's hope somewhere down the line the time frame goes down.

Hi,

my son got his bridging visa with his acknowledgement letter he can only work under the same conditions as his WHV unless we get them lifted. If your brother is a student he will have to apply to work as his bridging visa will only let him study in Australia.

Anyway let's hope somewhere down the line the time frame goes down.

A 485 has unrestricted work rights so a Bridging visa granted when that is held will also have unrestricted work rights. Students whose course has finished also have work rights.

Archived