Looking to get PR

pomonwaytooz

Hi i arrived in Australia exactly one year ago, and i am still working for the same employer but i am looking to leave, i am on a 457 visa but i have been told different stories weather i can apply earlier for PR if i can apply via the skilled migration does anybody know which visa title it comes under please. I've the temporary skilled visa is (457)

Thanks in advance.

You can apply at anytime through direct employer sponsorship, require positive skills assessment and 3 years work experience. Or can apply onshore for skilled migration if meet points test, have skills assessment and occupation is on SOL can apply for 189, if occupation is on CSOL will require state sponsorship.

You can apply at anytime through direct employer sponsorship, require positive skills assessment and 3 years work experience. Or can apply onshore for skilled migration if meet points test, have skills assessment and occupation is on SOL can apply for 189, if occupation is on CSOL will require state sponsorship.

My skills are in the list but i am looking to leave my current job so would this effect me getting my visa as i potentially might not be there much longer? My got 75 points on the points test so there isn't an issue there either.

If you leave your job you will have 90 days to find a new sponsor or leave the county. If you applied for skilled migration and lodged application you will receive bridging visa, but this only comes in to effect when your current visa expires not cancelled. If your current visa is cancelled while you hold bridging visa in the back ground this bridging visa a will also be cancelled, then you will have No visa status in Australia, and end up on bridging visa e with no work rights.

Do you hold positive skills assessment and IELTS test. You need the IELTS test to gain points for English requirement holding a UK passport does not gain points.

If you leave your job you will have 90 days to find a new sponsor or leave the county. If you applied for skilled migration and lodged application you will receive bridging visa, but this only comes in to effect when your current visa expires not cancelled. If your current visa is cancelled while you hold bridging visa in the back ground this bridging visa a will also be cancelled, then you will have No visa status in Australia, and end up on bridging visa e with no work rights.

Do you hold positive skills assessment and IELTS test. You need the IELTS test to gain points for English requirement holding a UK passport does not gain points.

Ok thanks for your help, i am English so i was under the impression that i didn't need to do the IELTS test or am i wrong in thinking that?

Ok thanks for your help, i am English so i was under the impression that i didn't need to do the IELTS test or am i wrong in thinking that?

If you are claiming point for English ability you need the IELTS, with your estimation that you had 75 points I guessed you may have added on English ability points, as with max points for age, experience, and qualifications (if you had PhD) only comes to 70 points.

If you are claiming point for English ability you need the IELTS, with your estimation that you had 75 points I guessed you may have added on English ability points, as with max points for age, experience, and qualifications (if you had PhD) only comes to 70 points.

I must of included it then, i just done a quick check to see if i was still valid via the points system.

My skills are in the list but i am looking to leave my current job so would this effect me getting my visa as i potentially might not be there much longer? My got 75 points on the points test so there isn't an issue there either.

You can certainly apply for a skilled immigration visa which holding a 457 if you meet the requirements for a points tested visa but you must first submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and can only apply for a visa after you have received an invitation to do so. Before you submit an EOI, you must be sure that you have calculated your points accurately and you must have a positive skills assessment and IELTS results for any English points you are claiming.

Is your occupation on the SOL or is it only on the CSOL. Do you have a positive skills assessment? How did you arrive at 75 points - 75 is unlikely to be correct given that you weren't counting any points for English skills.

You can certainly apply for a skilled immigration visa which holding a 457 if you meet the requirements for a points tested visa but you must first submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and can only apply for a visa after you have received an invitation to do so. Before you submit an EOI, you must be sure that you have calculated your points accurately and you must have a positive skills assessment and IELTS results for any English points you are claiming.

Is your occupation on the SOL or is it only on the CSOL. Do you have a positive skills assessment? How did you arrive at 75 points - 75 is unlikely to be correct given that you weren't counting any points for English skills.

Nominated Occupation Diesel motor mechanic

Your age 33–39 => Points = 25

English Language Superior => Points = 20

Skilled employment outside Australia Between 8 and 10 years: Points = 15

Skilled employment in Australia Between 1 and 3 years: Points = 5

Educational Qualifications Diploma or trade qualification: Points = 10

I may be wrong but for one you cant claim Aus and UK work experience points...

To claim English Language points (20) you need to sit IELTS and get scores of 8 in all 4 areas. This is difficult for a lot of people. Max score is 9.

You can claim both overseas and Aus work experience to a max of 20 points.

Ahhhh see, knew there was a chance I could be wrong there! It was the up to 20 points bit that I had forgotten about! Sorry...

OP why dont you get yourself booked into the IELTS asap, lots of practice and lots of time will give you a really good chance! x

All work experience must be post qualification to be eligible for points. Given your age, it's quite possible that it is but it's something many people don't realise. It's also worth keeping in mind that you only need 60 points - 60 point EOIs have been receiving invitations within 2 or 3 weeks in all of the invitation rounds over the last several months and it's much better (i.e. safer) to under claim rather than take a chance that you may be over claiming points. Importantly, if all of your work experience is definitely eligible, you would still have 65 points even if you can only manage all 7s in IELTS - much easier to get than all 8s.

Archived