Construction Project Manager seeking 189 visa

Ausahoy14

Hi my husband and I took the first steps and completed EOI form only to be met with the response that we need to verify skills assessment. Re-visiting different webpages we are still a bit confused about the process. My husband would have to use vetassess by the looks of it and we are just wondering if this is the only option to get his qualifications recognised. He is a project manager with a building surveying background so a member of RICS.

Is there anyone out there with similar qualifications who's went through the process and can offer advice?

Thanks

Hi guys

Have you rang an agent and had a chat with them? All the on line info confused me,lol, so we had Visa Bureau help us and they were great, we also have a few agents on here who help members out so it may be the way to go then at least you know your doing the right things in the right order.

Good Luck with everything

Cal x

Hi, yes an agent would be a great path as they do everything for you and know everything there is to know. But they charge of course! We r using an agent. But before we got the agent I had everything ready to go, researched everything. You will not get around having a skills assessment. Everyone has to have one. It's a way for them to see that you can actually do what you say you can and that you meet Australian work standards in your occupation! So I would book your skills assessment. Hope this helps

Hi my husband and I took the first steps and completed EOI form only to be met with the response that we need to verify skills assessment. Re-visiting different webpages we are still a bit confused about the process. My husband would have to use vetassess by the looks of it and we are just wondering if this is the only option to get his qualifications recognised. He is a project manager with a building surveying background so a member of RICS.

Is there anyone out there with similar qualifications who's went through the process and can offer advice?

Thanks

[h=3]Construction Project Manager (ANZSCO Code 133111)[/h]

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level.

A highly relevant field of study is Construction Project Management, which is the study of planning and controlling building projects (ASCED). General management degrees without underpinning or related studies in construction/civil engineering or building would not usually be positively assessed for this occupation. Qualifications in Architectural Studies with supporting highly relevant employment will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Hi there,

Needing some advice and maybe some positive feedback from successful candidates in the visa process. My husband is a Construction Project Manager with a UK RICS membership in Building Surveying. He is trying to pursue the Visa for Skilled workers and we were just looking to see if anyone has gone through the Vetassess process, we are nervous about his qualifications being assessed by a body other than RICS who understand the roles.

He has worked in Sydney before and understands the difference between Oz and UK building surveyors and it was at this time he started to work primarily in PM field. He now has 5 years experience and has gained a Masters in Project Management. We are also looking at 457 visa as a possibility if anyone has a recommendation for a good overseas recruitment agent.

Thanks

Archived