Visa valudation

Beka14

I'm not as familiar with the specifics of the 189 (partner visas are my thing), but if it is a visa that can be granted whether you are inside or outside of Australia (and from memory I believe it is), and you're inside Australia, it won't need to be validated. Validating visas is for visas that are granted offshore.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm or chime in and tell me the ways in which I am wrong. ;)

CollegeGirl has it correct. If your 189 is granted while you are still in Australia on your holiday visa, then you will not need to leave Australia and re-enter. If you are in Australia on your tourist visa when the 189 is granted, the 189 will come in to effect on grant. Be careful that you do not overstay your holiday visa though waiting for the 189 to be granted. If you applied for the 189 offshore, and then applied for and were granted a tourist visa while the 189 is still pending, you will not have a bridging visa to allow you to stay in Australia beyond the expiry date of your holiday visa.

Archived