Partner Visa 820 Information needed!

igor90

Hey guys,

My current temporary graduate visa expires in June, 2015 so Ive been wondering what my options are.

Ive been with my girlfriend since 2009 and we just moved in together about a month ago. However, apart from pictures, we do not have any other proof such as joint bank account, utilities bills etc etc. I read on the immi website that in order to apply for this visa we need to live together at least 12 months.

I was wondering, is there any chance to apply for this visa by June if we supply enough evidence until then?

For example, we are going to Bali on a holiday together for NYE, we can open a bank account, put both our names on the electricity bill, register our de facto relationship etc. Is it possible at all and what do i need to do if it is?

Also, immi says that the processing time for this visa is 12-15 months. I was wondering, since you are eligible to apply for permanent residency after two years, are those 15 months of being on a bridging visa included in that two year period, or its two years after the 820 visa is granted?

Thanks a lot in advance guys, I hope you can provide me with some valuable information

If you register your relationship, then the 12 month requirement will not apply, but you will still need to prove that the relationship is akin to a married relationship, so you will need evidence of joint committment to a life together to the exclusion of others. So yes, things like joint bank accounts, bills in joint names, are important as they provide some evidence of committment to each other, but your relationship will likely be examined in quite a bit of detail.

The time you spend waiting for the 820 visa to be processed will count towards the two years for the 801 permanent residence visa.

Hey guys,

My current temporary graduate visa expires in June, 2015 so Ive been wondering what my options are.

Ive been with my girlfriend since 2009 and we just moved in together about a month ago. However, apart from pictures, we do not have any other proof such as joint bank account, utilities bills etc etc. I read on the immi website that in order to apply for this visa we need to live together at least 12 months.

I was wondering, is there any chance to apply for this visa by June if we supply enough evidence until then?

For example, we are going to Bali on a holiday together for NYE, we can open a bank account, put both our names on the electricity bill, register our de facto relationship etc. Is it possible at all and what do i need to do if it is?

Also, immi says that the processing time for this visa is 12-15 months. I was wondering, since you are eligible to apply for permanent residency after two years, are those 15 months of being on a bridging visa included in that two year period, or its two years after the 820 visa is granted?

Thanks a lot in advance guys, I hope you can provide me with some valuable information

The two years counts from the time you apply, so yes time on a bridging visa does count.

Archived