10 year resident on Friday

Guest Phil Olsen

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi all

This Friday, I have been resident of Australia for 10 years. What a great experience and Country.

I'll be hving a couple of tinnies with my mates and celebrating with a barbie.

When I first came here I looked at people who had been here for 10 years and thought it was a long time. It has flown.

Haven't regretted a bit of it.

There is no doubt a migration process and I reckon it takes a while to adjust. but...... when you do, its fantastic.

Phil

Well done Phil!! :D

In just under 11 months I'll be able to claim citizenship of this fine country!

Don't think I'd ever want to go back to the ecosse homeland.

Guest Fraser
Hi all

This Friday, I have been resident of Australia for 10 years. What a great experience and Country.

Phil

Well done Phil.

For me 10 years will be 6 November 2006, and I too will be celebrating.

I became a citizen on Australia Day 1999.

Guest Phil Olsen

Thanks both

Hi fraser, did i read you are GHD?

I know quite a few engineers in Perth. Do you know any Evans and Peck, Parsons Brinkerhof, Worley etc

Phil

Thanks both

Hi fraser, did i read you are GHD?

I know quite a few engineers in Perth. Do you know any Evans and Peck, Parsons Brinkerhof, Worley etc

Phil

Hi Phil,

I am indeed GHD. I manage the Geelong office (a growing band of happy campers on the shores of Corio Bay).

I know a few of the GHD guys in Perth, obviously, but much fewer of the other consultancies.

I have had a bit of fun in WA over the years, having worked on jobs at various times, in Broome, Perth, Fremantle, Collie (yup, the power station) and Albany. ...and I even had a week on Christmas Island at one point... via Perth and Exmouth.

If you know of any good water design engineers that fancy a job in Geelong let me know....

Indeed, if any of your clients are professional engineers, architects or scientists, GHD can sponsor regional visas for the right people. That is the primary reason for me originally joining this forum...to see if I could find myself some good staff who want to work in Victoria's second largest city... but my colleagues in Regional offices all across Australia can do the same thing for the right people.

Please feel free to get the word out.... and just because a job isn't advertised doesn't mean we can't find a placement.

Well done Phil!! :D

In just under 11 months I'll be able to claim citizenship of this fine country!

Don't think I'd ever want to go back to the ecosse homeland.

Nothing wrong with going home to Ecosse... just as long as you have he ticket booked back here, and the Emirates flights direct to Glasgow mean no time and money-wasting in Heathgrow! 8)

My problem is that I tend for various stupid reasons, to wind up back in Scotland in winter... I was there last year in early January...left Melbourne in 38C...arrived in Glasgow 24 hours later in -2C. :?

This year its late January...... tickets booked and paid for! :roll:

Archived