Australian Computer Society Evaluation

dmamey

Dear Experts,

Here's a brief info about my profile -

1. Experience (IT) - 4 years, 5 months

2. IELTS - Overall 8, (L- 9, R -8.5, W - 7.5, S - 7)

3. Education - B.E.

Evaluation of work experience by ACS is necessary for folks from our field to apply for Australian PR. My question is - Is the evaluation by ACS final and binding on the Australian consulate? If ACS report says my experience my experience is greater than 3 years (which is the case), will I definitely get the points for 3+ years of experience in PR evaluation or is there a chance that even if ACS evaluates my experience to be worth 4 years 5 months, Australian consulate does not grant me the points for 3+ years of experience?

Also, I have heard that the ACS does not consider first two years in experience since they consider it as a probation period. Is this true? Does this mean my equivalent experience will be 2 years 5 months and I won't get the points for 3+ years of experience?

I am very keen on applying for ACS, but need to make sure if this is the right time to go for it or would it be better to wait till I complete 5 years of experience, so that even in the worst case, my experience will be counted as worth 3 years.

Any suggestions/advice would be really helpful!

Thanks and Best Regards!

There is also a work around that is 100% safe.

Get ACS evaluation for 2 years and 5 months. And while filling EOI form, make sure you keep "To date" field EMPTY in experience column.

This way your experience will be counted till date instead of the date you had your evaluation done. This should only be done when you are continuing your current job you got evaluated for.

There is also a work around that is 100% safe.

Get ACS evaluation for 2 years and 5 months. And while filling EOI form, make sure you keep "To date" field EMPTY in experience column.

This way your experience will be counted till date instead of the date you had your evaluation done. This should only be done when you are continuing your current job you got evaluated for.

Thanks a lot Usman for your valuable inputs! So, if there's a chance that I might change my employer in next 7 months, it's better to wait for another 7 months (to complete 5 years of experience) and then apply for ACS evaluation, correct?

Thanks a lot Usman for your valuable inputs! So, if there's a chance that I might change my employer in next 7 months, it's better to wait for another 7 months (to complete 5 years of experience) and then apply for ACS evaluation, correct?

Yes, thats correct.

What the ACS says about work experience is not binding on DIBP. If your CO doesn't accept that your documentation supports your full experience claims as assessed by the AS, DIBP could credit you with even less experience (not more) than the ACS has said you have.

The ACS always deducts at least 2 years from your experience so the maximum you could claim at present would be 2 years 5 months for which you get no points unless the experience was in Australia. However, they deduct only 2 years only if your degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to your nominated occupation. If your ICT major is assessed as not being relevant to your nominated occupation, you lose 4 years and for ICT minors, you lose even more years. You should read the ACS assessment guidelines very carefully before you change any of your plans in an attempt to earn points for experience (or for that matter, even applying for skills assessment).

If you want more points, you should re-sit IELTS. At present, you only score 10 for Proficient English but if you can get all 8s or better, you will get an additional 10 points which is as good as 5-8 years of experience in points terms.

Archived