HI

Guest Ash & Keith

Guest Ash & Keith

:roll: Just wanted to say Hi to everyone out there. This is a great forum and we have gained loads of info. We are currently in the process of applying for a skilled visa (136) but still waiting for a skills assessment to come back from ANMC. Ashleigh is a nurse. We are hoping to emigrate to Brisbane next year with our two kids age 16yrs and 12 yrs. Thinking about the Albany Creek, Bridgeman Downs areas at the moment, but going over in April to sus things out. Be great to hear from anyone else looking around this area.

Hi, I am moving to Brisbane on new years day with my husband. I am a nurse, got a job at the royal brisbane and womens hospital.

Please ask if you need any advice

Claire :D

Guest Ash & Keith

HI Claire,

whereabouts are you planning on going in Brisbane and how did you get the job at the Royal Brisbane. What kind of nursing are you doing. I'm a Health Visitor at the moment but I know they don't have Health Visitors over there so reckon I'll have to diversify into something else. It must be great to have a date fixed for going, I bet you can't wait! Good luck.

Ashleighx

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Ali

When you get here, please look me up.

I have a lot of contacts in health here and may be able to give some support and make some intro's.

Regards

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Ali

I know the president of the Private Hospitals association of WA, so if there is anything I can do, please let me know

Phil

Guest Brissiebound

Hi Ash & Keith and Claire,

We too are moving out to Brisbane shortly, my wife is nursing and also has a post at the Royal Brisbane, we are still unsure as to where are going to end up staying and are fairly open. Keep in touch.

Cheers

Steve

Guest jojothehobo

Hi guys,

Hope the process is going well for ya. I've been to Albany Creek and have friends who live there. It's a nice area. Far enough out of Brisbane CBD to feel comfortable. Apparently very good schools in that area. If you intend to commute it'll take you the best part of 40 mins.

cheers,

craig

Hi again,

Its nice to know that someone is going to the same hospital. I am going to work on the orthopaedic ward.

We have been to Brisbane before and looked at loads of different areas. When we get there we,ll start looking again.

We have rented a self contained apartment in Spring Hill for 2 months, its 5 min walk from royal Brisbane so thats a bonus.

I used Geneva health recruitment and they have been fantastic so far.

Claire :D

ROLL ON NEW YEARS DAY!

Guest Brissiebound

Hi Claire,

Now this is getting spooky.... my wife (Trish) has been offered a post on orthapaedics also! Is is Jenny Teo you are dealing with at Royal Brisbane or has the agency sorted everything? It really is a small world!

Steve

I used geneva but Jenny Teo interviewed me. I am going to work on elective ortho rather than trauma. When is Trish starting work there?

Going out now but will reply tomorrow.

Claire

Guest Brissiebound

Hi Claire,

As soon as we get the house sold we will move out and Trish will start work in ....yes you guessed it, elective ortho. We are hoping the job offer still stands if we delay getting out too much longer but Trish has been in touch with Jenny keeping her up to date. By the way, did you have to pay for your meds and visa costs or are these picked up by Geneva. the reason I ask is we approached the Royal directly and sorted out the sponsorship but they do not pick up any costs relating to the recruitment. Would be interesting to see if they pay when going through an agency.

I had the medicals done a while before i applied for a job, so i paid myself.

I am going to start at the end of january so if trish hasnt started by then i can let you know all about it.

We sold our house in August so we have nothing to hold us back.

Archived