Buying property in Oz

miw54

Proof of earnings, if you also require a mortgage.

the 100 point ID...made up from numerous things, ie passport, driving licence, Medicare card etc.

not sure if it differs from state to state though. I can only say for WA.

TBH if you've been here more than a few months, you will have already gone thru the process of getting the documents needed.

They are a bit funny about savings though, if your going for a mortgage, you need to show that you've saved over a few months and that it is true savings, ie a relative putting money into your account is no good. What we had to put down for a deposit was quite small and coming out of my bank account, but OH still had to give a written dec, on why $10,000 had gone from his account. Which seemed a bit daft, as on the bank statements it showed that it was used to buy a jet ski.

What you can borrow for a mortgage is calculated v differently here. A good credit score is turned on its head, eg you have a credit card that you pay off every month, you lose for that. Dependant children you lose again.

we don't have any credit cards in Oz, or dependant kids, or at the time of applying for the mortgage any loans. My chin went thru the floor when I was told how much we could borrow. Thanks but no thanks, not for us a huge mortgage, but they are there if you want them.

Hi

Thank you so much. We would not be looking for a mortgage but wondered if you needed things like birth/marriage certificates etc. which we probably would not have with us. Passports and driving licences are ok.:smile:

You would need your birth/marriage certs in the first place to set up your 100 point ID.