190 (ACT) or 187 (RSMS) Which one is better?

dunesurfer

Hi there,

Anyone know which one would be the best for my circumstance? Any similar experiences?

190 (ACT) or 187 (RSMS) Which one is better?

In short:

I have Successful RPL for ICT Support Engineer (On SOL for ACT and SA)

I've been in ACT, Australia for 4 years, so once i apply for PR, and get it, I want

to apply for Oz citizenship.

So was wondering any benefit in which one i apply for? 190 or 187? Sticking to ACT.

Thank you!

The 187 visa is employer sponsored so you need an employer to nominate you for the visa, and you are obligated to remain with that employer for 2 years after the visa is granted. The 190 simply has a moral obligation to live/work in the nominating state/territory for 2 years.

So if you're moving to ACT regardless of the visa, the 190 gives you more flexibility since you can easily change employers at any time.

Hi there,

I've been in ACT, Australia for 4 years, so once i apply for PR, and get it, I want

to apply for Oz citizenship.

So was wondering any benefit in which one i apply for? 190 or 187? Sticking to ACT.

Thank you!

Go for the 190 as you can then change employers if you wish or you could even change careers altogether.

You must hold your PR visa for 12 months before you become eligible to apply for citizenship. You must also meet additional residence requirements i.e. you must not have been absent from Australia for more than one year in total in the 4 year period before applying, including no more than 90 days in the year immediately before applying.

Archived