bull mastiff wants to come with us any advice!

sarahb23

Hi we're emigrating and the cheapest quote we've had to take our bull mastiff out the there is £3000 not including quarantine fees. any one know any cheaper pet travel agents or any good advice or he'll defo be staying here, help please ! or there will be a very dissappointed little boy. has any one done the paperwork them selves - and how difficult was it. thanks xx

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi Sarah

He must be a big dog. It cost us 2800 pounds for our German Shepherd to come over again not including quarantine fees & vets fees.

Our friends did all the paperwork themselves etc says it was a real hassle. However I dont know how they went about it.

Where abouts are you in the Uk as someone might be able to recommend a pet travel service for you. I came from Scotland & used pettravelservices based in Dunfermline they were brilliant.

Good Luck

Janette

Hi Sarah

He must be a big dog. It cost us 2800 pounds for our German Shepherd to come over again not including quarantine fees & vets fees.

Our friends did all the paperwork themselves etc says it was a real hassle. However I dont know how they went about it.

Where abouts are you in the Uk as someone might be able to recommend a pet travel service for you. I came from Scotland & used pettravelservices based in Dunfermline they were brilliant.

Good Luck

Janette

hi thanks for reply! in manchester. only got two quotes as yet because he's still growing so dimensions might change. has it been a hassle having your dog out there as far as days out etc go. how was your dog too after quarantine, worried "vader" might get too upset as he's well soft xx

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi Sarah

TBH it was a great worry to us as she has never even been in kennels before coming here & she is 9. We have been here 8 months now & she is settled in fine, If we go anywhere over night which isnt often we put her into kennels or my older son watches her. But its defo worth bringing them.

Janette

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Sarah

TBH it was a great worry to us as she has never even been in kennels before coming here & she is 9. We have been here 8 months now & she is settled in fine, If we go anywhere over night which isnt often we put her into kennels or my older son watches her. But its defo worth bringing them.

Janette

hi there. got a few more quotes now so it's coming down bit by bit. got it in our head to bring him now so doin lots of homework. he has to fly heathrow too. thanks for advice -- the sun s been out a bit here and the old "gammon tongue" is out so hope he will get used to the heat x

hi sarah in our time we have adopted two bull mastiffs and had japanese akita from being a pup. unfortunately we don't have any now making our decision easier. but if we did still have them we would have moved heaven and earth to get them to oz . i know what you mean with the gammon tongue tho and all the slavver that gets everywhere..

good luck!!

• 3 years later...
Guest turboman
hi thanks for reply! in manchester. only got two quotes as yet because he's still growing so dimensions might change. has it been a hassle having your dog out there as far as days out etc go. how was your dog too after quarantine, worried "vader" might get too upset as he's well soft xx

OMG, I'm having the same problem.

I have learnt something about our lovely, soft, baby, wimp bullmastiffs.

My mum has come over from Aus to help me move so I have given my mum my dog to look after. Usally she comes to work with me and gets fuss all the time.

Now her nan is here its a diffrent story.

My dog has become a body guard, takes no sh*t from other dogs etc.

I get home and soft puppy looking Bella is back, don't be fooled from these very clever dogs.

Makes me laugh so much, Mastiff is Guardian, Rotweiller is an attack dog (known as don't quote)

You think your mastiff is a wimp, I bet my dogs life your dog would attack if someone went for you.

Put it like this..........

The everyday big mouth down the pub who thinks he is hard and rules it = an attack breed.

The smart army trained guy will only use force if need be = Mastiff hence the toughest truck they have is named this.

Very intelligent dogs but are one sided, he will cope.

Archived