309 To become 100 in few months

Demipouce

Hi,

In January - February 2015 it would have been 2 years I have lodged my visa 309 offshore. I am still with my partner, De Facto and we have been living in Australia for a year now.

What is the step for me to get my permanent visa 100 ? Do I need to go anything special, contact the immigration, pay a fee or provide new papers ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Max

I cut and pasted this page from Immi.

[h=1]Partner visa online applications[/h]Page Content

[h=2]Start an application[/h]To start an online application you will need to login to your ImmiAccount. If you do not have an ImmiAccount you will be prompted to create one.

You must add as much information as possible before you submit your application. Applications with missing information might take longer to finalise.

When completing your online application you must not copy and paste bullet points, numbering, accents etc from formatted documents into the free text fields. Only use numbers 0 – 9 and letters A – Z (upper and lower case), dashes '-' and underscores '_'.​​​

If you are applying to migrate or remain in Australia as the partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, the following forms and supporting information need to be completed and submitted by you and your sponsor. You will need to ensure that the 47SP form- Application for migration to Australia by a partner is submitted online before your sponsor can submit their 40SP form – Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia. The sponsor will need your Transaction Reference Number in order to complete their sponsorship form.

[TABLE=class: table-100]

[TR]

[TH]

​Application type

[/TH]

[TH]

Who is this for

[/TH]

[TH]

Link

[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Form 47SP Application for migration to Australia by a partner[/TD]

[TD]For the partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to apply for a subclass 300, 309/100 or 820/801 visa.[/TD]

[TD]Start application for migration to Australia by a partner[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Form 40SP Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia[/TD]

[TD]For an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to sponsor their partner for a subclass 300, 309/100 or 820/801 visa. [/TD]

[TD]Start sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

To complete an application you will be required to attach supporting documentation. You will need to check the relevant document checklist for the visa you are applying for:

[h=2]Applicants who are eligible for Partner (Permanent) visa processing[/h]If you currently hold a subclass 309 or subclass 820 visa and it has been two years since you lodged your original partner visa application, the following forms and supporting information need to be completed and submitted by you and your sponsor.

Use the Permanent partner visa calculator to help you determine if you are eligible for Partner (Permanent) visa processing.

Important: Do not submit the information for permanent stage processing if you:

• do not hold a Partner (Temporary) visa (subclass 309, 310, 820 or 826)
  • have already withdrawn this application or have been granted or refused a Spouse or Partner (Permanent) visa (subclasses 100, 110, 801 or 814)
  • have already returned your two year documents for permanent visa assessment to an office of the department.

[TABLE=class: table-100]

[TR]

[TH]

​Application type

[/TH]

[TH]

Who is this for

[/TH]

[TH]

Link

[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Partner visa application - information for permanent stage processing[/TD]

[TD]For holders of a temporary partner (subclass 309 or 820) visa to provide more information for assessing their permanent (subclass 100 or 801) visa.[/TD]

[TD]Partner visa application - information for permanent stage processing​ [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Statutory Declaration from your Sponsor[/TD]

[TD]For an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to sponsor their partner for a subclass 100 or 801 visa. Please print, complete, sign, scan and attach via your ImmiAccount.[/TD]

[TD]Statutory Declaration to be completed by your Sponsor[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

To complete an application you will be required to attach supporting documentation.

[h=2]Track and manage your application[/h]You will need to login to your ImmiAccount. If you do not have an account you will need to create one to access online visa services. You can use your account to:

• continue a saved application​
  • attach documents
  • update passport details
  • change email and address details
  • check progress of your application.

​​​​​​[h=2]Transaction Reference Number[/h]A Transaction Reference Number (TRN) is a unique number assigned to each online application. You will need this to:

• track and manage your application
  • identify your application when you communicate with us
  • check your visa entitlements.

[h=2]Help[/h]Before you start your application you should read all the information about:

Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100)

Partner visa (subclasses 820 and 801)​

Help for ImmiAccount is available through the ImmiAccount FAQs.

If you have read all of the available information, and you still require help, contact us with your enquiry.​

​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​​​​

Hi there,

This is exciting, you don't really have to do anything. DIBP will contact the applicant via email / post & request for more docs/evidence. If you 've lodge 309 online then you can file online for 100 too, otherwise do the paper application. All documents are same except Applicant has to make statutory declaration too which is not required if you apply online.

There is no fee for this as you've made payment for both Temporary (309) & Permanent (100) all together.

I would suggest you to start preparing your application now and it will save your last minute preparation.

Please ask if you 've any more questions.

Good Luck!

Aussie Girl Bay

Hi,

In January - February 2015 it would have been 2 years I have lodged my visa 309 offshore. I am still with my partner, De Facto and we have been living in Australia for a year now.

What is the step for me to get my permanent visa 100 ? Do I need to go anything special, contact the immigration, pay a fee or provide new papers ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Max