Advice needed on shipping insurance

pomtastic

Hi All,

Looking for advice on shipping insurance. We are going with clark & rose for a 20ft container as we are bringing the majority of our furniture, kids toys, power tools etc. clark & rose want 3% of declare value + IPT, can anyone recommend an insurer?

many thanks

Hi,

I can't recommend an insurer as I didn't get any, there are quite a few threads on here ref insurance, I think that the general consensus appears to be to source your own rather than the expensive "shippers own" insurance. Some, after trying to claim for broken items have said that they wished they hadn't bothered. Which is what I did, hopefully all will be good, but as my stuff is still en route it's difficult to say whether it was a good move or not, as yet. Fingers crossed though.. Be very careful of the small print in them though, as people have also found that they couldn't claim for things that they thought were included and found the claiming process a nightmare.

Best of luck, I'm sure someone will be along to give you a name soon.. :chatterbox:

When comparing make sure to check out the terms and conditions and include any excess, the type of cover (i.e. New for old OR value including depreciation), time limit for claims, any arrangement fees on top of the premiums, any limitations to the inclusions (i.e. how old electrical equipment is to be covered for mechanical derangement) to make sure you are getting the best deal for the right level of cover for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived