OMG Help

AnxiousMum

:realmad:I dont even know where to begin, My husband has just dropped the bombshell he wants to move to Oz. I have been looking at areas, but there are so many places I dont know where to start. I think we would be trying to go for Melbourne, but again where abouts. Any advice and help greatly appreciated. Also anyone who had problems with kids not taking the news too well but loving Oz when you got there greatly appreciated too as I can let my 10 year old read it and hope it helps him come to terms with the idea. Sorry for the ranting.

Guest Mel.R

Hello there

Welcome to PIO. We are looking at Melbourne area too, the areas that I have found recommended on here are

Wandana Heights

Belmont

Highton

These are all nearer to Geelong.

I also have a 10 year old son who doesn't want to go, we have kind of said to think of it as a long holiday, and we will come home eventually. I know full well once we get there he will want to stay!! Also the thought of playing more cricket is enticing him too. My 12 year old can't wait.

What type of visa are you going on? my o/h is a brickie and we are going on a 175 visa hopefully.

Where do you live? we are in Kent so probably not too far from you.

Guest Les & Woz

Hi there

It doesn't sound like you have been to Oz before. You will love it and the kids will too. We are going to Melbourne, just waiting for visa which we hope to get within next 8-10 weeks (fingers crossed). We are planning on going by March 09 earlier if we can sell the house and organise the kids. Oldest doesn't want to come (21), youngest going to uni in Sep and coming out after that. Have a look at

Mornington Peninsula and Mt Martha to begin with. Melbourne is such a huge area you will need to have a good look round first and go where you like schools, area, where work is, etc.

Hope that helps a bit !!!?

Les

Guest Tracey from Braintree

Hi,

I would say get a few books that will show your son what Oz has to offer (at 10 I think pictures will help). There will be plenty of threads on here to help with areas - look at the Victoria forum on here.

We are hoping to go to Brisbane so I can't comment much but best of luck!

Tracey.

Guest Les & Woz
Hi, We are in Essex. I dont even know what visa we are going for yet. My husband is in IT so I think that we are going for the skilled visa (whatever that is) I think its all too confusing at the moment.

We're in Kent (Walderslade, Chatham). We had meet at the Halfway House a while ago it was really good. May be another one soon where you can meet people who are all either trying to get a visa or have one and get lots of good information and make a few friends before you go.

Les:cool:

Guest Les & Woz

Hi Mx

We are in Kent too and have been looking at Geelong areas. We have also started looking at Mornington and Mt Martha (it's so damn big)!!!!

My OH electrician. We are going on State sponsored independent skilled visa. Hoping to get our visa by June/July and go end of year or March 09.

Whereabouts are you?

Les:cool:

Where do you live? we are in Kent so probably not too far from you.

Guest Rickard Family

Hi Welcome to PIO,

You could always sign your son up to PIO there are plenty of kids,various ages on here with all the same concerns( my 2 sons included) they have been chatting to a few on msn it does help also try showing him www.coastalwatch.com<- cant take credit for this someone else recommend it on here my kids love it.

Good luck

Guest Les & Woz
Hi there Les

We are in Hartley nr Gravesend so not far from you at all!!!!

Come into the chat room this evening around 7pm and have a chat !!

Les

Guest Mrs C

Hiya Guys

Welcome anixous Mum!

There is a meet booked for 1st June for the Halfway House. In honour of my birthday!....lol KP Nuts have posted it on here.

Hope you can all make it.

Guest Mel.R
Hiya Guys

Welcome anixous Mum!

There is a meet booked for 1st June for the Halfway House. In honour of my birthday!....lol KP Nuts have posted it on here.

Hope you can all make it.

Hi there

We couldn't make the last one but hopefully this time we will get there.

Thanks

Mel

Thanks again for everyone's help, I especially like the kids chat that has been mentioned. I still am not sure where we are going to be looking at, someone mentioned going toward Perth and the Gold Coast. But I do know that I am not so bothered about the weather, (well I do live in the UK) lol. and do have a really bad phobia to spiders, I have heard that Melbourne dont have as bad spiders as in the western parts of Oz. Also we have relatives in Melbourne. Thanks again people I am glad I signed up for this site. Speak soon xx

Archived