189 Visa - Defacto Evidence - is this enough?

srh82

1. Personal Declaration to each other, witnessed by a JP.

2. 5 Statutory Declarations including from our friends and one parent from each side witnessed by JP or someone else in a position of authority.

3. Evidence of cohabitation for the last 3 years in Brisbane (lease agreements in joint names)

4. Holiday bookings - flight booking confirmations, hotel bookings and photos - numerous.

5. We are getting married in the UK next year so all correspondence associated with that.

And the evidence we put forward for our 457 visa at the end of 2011.

Will this be sufficient?

In this situation, the more evidence you can supply the better. We were married but still classified as being in Defacto as we hadn't been married for 12 months. Our agents asked us to provide phone bills (showing itemised items of each others numbers) and text messages, our actual Skype/gmail chats etc...We bombarded them.

Any cards/wedding invitations etc are good. Any other bills or bank statements in joint names.

Hope that helps :)

1. Personal Declaration to each other, witnessed by a JP.

2. 5 Statutory Declarations including from our friends and one parent from each side witnessed by JP or someone else in a position of authority.

3. Evidence of cohabitation for the last 3 years in Brisbane (lease agreements in joint names)

4. Holiday bookings - flight booking confirmations, hotel bookings and photos - numerous.

5. We are getting married in the UK next year so all correspondence associated with that.

And the evidence we put forward for our 457 visa at the end of 2011.

Will this be sufficient?

Looks good to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, sounds like you got loads of evidence there.

My CO has also asked for evidence of a defacto relationship. My gf is Austalian and I'm British. She's in auz and I'm in the uk waiting for the 189 to come through. It's strange how they have asked for evidence as she's my gf and we have not lived together. Anyways, I've submitted her passport page showing her citizenship and also we have a joint bank account dating back from when I used to live there, so have submitted statements etc ....as well.

I hope this is enough info for them? What do you think?

Hi there, sounds like you got loads of evidence there.

My CO has also asked for evidence of a defacto relationship. My gf is Austalian and I'm British. She's in auz and I'm in the uk waiting for the 189 to come through. It's strange how they have asked for evidence as she's my gf and we have not lived together. Anyways, I've submitted her passport page showing her citizenship and also we have a joint bank account dating back from when I used to live there, so have submitted statements etc ....as well.

I hope this is enough info for them? What do you think?

Yes, that's very strange. If she's an Australian and you're not married or de facto, she shouldn't have been mentioned on your 189 application at all so I'm surprised you would need to provide ANY relationship evidence. Have you perhaps included her as a non-migrating dependent or something?

Yes, that's very strange. If she's an Australian and you're not married or de facto, she shouldn't have been mentioned on your 189 application at all so I'm surprised you would need to provide ANY relationship evidence. Have you perhaps included her as a non-migrating dependent or something?

Thanks for the reply. :smile:

Yeah its a bit odd. I can't honestly remember if I put her details on. I defiantly put her details on form 80. So maybe that's where they got it from. Do you think a joint bank statement is enough.? If not, and they ask for more info, I'll send joint travel trips, invitations etc etc.

Sorry further question now that we have paid our application fee and started uploading all the documents.

For the de-facto documents so far I have just been assigning everything to my partner. Does it actually matter?

I still have a stack of documentation to upload so I can attribute some to me if that makes a difference. :-)

Archived