Anyone here live in or near Jamestown South Australia?

Big Richard

If you already have a job lined up,I would consider it myself.You have to be pretty self sufficient to live in a small town.If you rely on big shopping centre's for shopping,whether that be for groceries,clothing ect and you actually like going shopping,then perhaps Jamestown is not for you.If however you like peace and quiet,and living in a different way,good!Things to keep in mind.....Adelaide is just over 200km away,which includes the airport,major hospitals?High school?You will probably pay more shop wise in a small town.Depends also what you need entertainment wise.I was happy just having two pubs in my town.Work in these area's would be hard to find for locals,yet alone immigrants,but if you,as you've said have a job lined up,go for it!Best wishes x

PS I'm guessing you already have a truck license?

Whoops!Sorry mate,I thought you were going for a job at your mates haulage company,as in driving trucks!:laugh:Port Pirie is quite a large town.Known more for the smeltering than anything else!Not the prettiest of places tbh,but lots of people live there,I'm sure quite happily.Go onto Google Earth for a virtual drive around!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Pirie

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Port+Pirie&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=KklCVJr9IYbm7gazi4Fg&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=685

Whoops!Sorry mate,I thought you were going for a job at your mates haulage company,as in driving trucks!:laugh:Port Pirie is quite a large town.Known more for the smeltering than anything else!Not the prettiest of places tbh,but lots of people live there,I'm sure quite happily.Go onto Google Earth for a virtual drive around!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Pirie

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Port+Pirie&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=KklCVJr9IYbm7gazi4Fg&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=685

Yes will be with my mates haulage co but not a driver, I am the lazy sod who sits behind a desk!

Don't you just love technology! Why visit anywhere eh?

Here's a tip.Go onto realestate.com.au,find a house you like in the town you want to live(take note of the street),then google earth it!:laugh:A poster a while ago was moving to Port Augusta,which is similar to Pt Pirie.A few people tried to put him off?(I did'nt,I actually encouraged him lol)and he loves it there!FWIW a truck license costs around $1,800,and the money is pretty good too!(Its something I would of liked to have done myself,I'm female btw!)A desk job sounds cool though?

Here's a tip.Go onto realestate.com.au,find a house you like in the town you want to live(take note of the street),then google earth it!:laugh:A poster a while ago was moving to Port Augusta,which is similar to Pt Pirie.A few people tried to put him off?(I did'nt,I actually encouraged him lol)and he loves it there!FWIW a truck license costs around $1,800,and the money is pretty good too!(Its something I would of liked to have done myself,I'm female btw!)A desk job sounds cool though?

A desk job is boring but it pays the bills! I will give the mapping thing a go, we have visited jamestown and the surrounding area a few times and love it, but I find it's different visiting to living somewhere!

Trucking is great but not for me, I like being at home with the family too much. I am all for the easy laid back life. We will have the benefit of working where we live (providing we can sort visa's) and aim to be as self sufficient as possible. None of our mob have ever been city or big town people, in fact where we live in the UK now is rural with the closest neighbour being about 2 miles away (if you don't include the cows). Our friends call us bumpkins but it really suits us, and not many 4 year olds like my son these days can have the benefit of helping daddy on the farm in the UK!

I've only visited Jamestown with work, but it seems like a lovely place to me. People are mega friendly. Port pirie (sp) is pretty big and would have most of the things you could want really. If you have jobs to go to then I'd give it a go for sure.

Archived