Query on Prospective and Partner Visa

VISHAL VERMA

Hi Thankyou all for your replies.

I think my question was little misleading. Let me correct it. I'm Indian by nationality. I'm looking forward to meet my fiance means I'll meet my fiance in Australia. I know my fiance for more than a year and we have also met in person many times and then we got engaged and she went back. But now I wanna go to Aus to meet her. I have applied for a prospective visa on the basis of the genuinty of our relationship. So, there is no need to worry about the PM visa because I have provided them enough proofs which shows that our relationship is genuine.

I hope that now I was able to make you understand what I wanted to say. So, please advise what should I do to apply for a visitor visa? What are the docs we require for that? I shall be highly thankful to all of you.

Hi Ozmaniac, once again thankyou for your prompt reply to my query. I went into the link and was able to get the maximum info about the visitor visa. In the docs checklist, under the Employment Details, they have requested a letter from the employer stating my position & salary, length of the employment and confirmation of leave of absence. I'm okay in furnishing my leave absence detail in the letter but I don't want to put the time duration in the letter because I may not know if I'll live for a month or two. I can only take a month leave but I don't want to mention the dates of leave in the letter because I might extend my time for some other reasons. Can you please suggest me a way to get away from this problem or do you have the correct format to frame the letter from the employer? I'm very confused. Please help me. Thanks.

They will want to know that you can be relied upon to return to India without overstaying your visa. If you can only take leave of a month and decide to stay longer, what will happen to your job? If the employer is willing to give you (for example) a month of paid leave and another month of unpaid leave, that's what should go into the letter.

Hi Ozmaniac, do you have any standard format of the letter from Employer? Or how much minimum funds should be available in the account to show or what are the other docs that can be presented as the availability of funds? As you know, I have my fiance living in Aus, so I think I won't require much funds because I would be living with her. So, I'm not worried about my food and living.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm going to apply for a visitor visa soon but I want to confirm few things before applying that. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

1) Is there any diff between invitation and sponsorship?

2) Do we need to obtain health and character certificate or we will be asked to do so?

Thank you so much in advance.

Only family members can sponsor you for a Visitor visa so you will have to apply for your subclass 600 Visitor visa on the Tourist stream. Your fiancée (or her family) can send you a letter of invitation but it won't be sponsorship.

For a short stay, you are unlikely to need any medical tests. PCCs are not normally required for Visitor visa applicants. If any of your answers on your visa application indicate that special circumstances apply in your case, you will be advised and told what is required.

Hi All,

My name is Vishal and I'm from India. I went through this forum and found very useful info. Actually, I'm going to apply for a visitor visa subclass 600 in coming days. So, I wanted to obtain some info before doing that.

I want to visit my fiance, who is a citizen of Aus. I met her in Sep 2013 on Facebook and then after 1 yr we got engaged to each other on 1st Oct 2014. I applied for prospective visa in the month of Dec and have received the acknowledgement for the same. My fiancé wants me to visit her and she has booked my tickets as well and the journey date is 19 Feb 2015. So, I want to apply for a tourist visa in coming days. But, I'm facing financial problem in that. I only have around 800 Aus dollars in my account. Plus, I have funds in Provident funds i.e. around 1100 Aus dollars (1100+800=1900). I m unable to show any for assets. My fiance said that she will bear my living expenditure like food and accommodation. She has already sponsored me for prospective visa. So, she can only invite me now. I ll be going there for two months. My parents have no savings as well. But, I'm working here in India and get my pay every month. I have also obtained letter from the employer. But after reviewing many visitor visa cases here, I found that my saving is very less according to their requirement but I have proofs that shows my visit is genuine and I'll come back for sure. I have no chances of staying there for more than 2 months as I have to join my office and have to look after my family as well. My fiance also doesn't have any savings but she says she can support me for two months without any problem. So, as I dont have any more funds to show then how can I convince them that my trip is genuine. I really want to meet my fiance and want to spend good time with her. Its her b'day coming in the month of Feb and I wanna be there with her. Please please please help me and guide me what should I do now? I'm nt getting anything. Have already bought the tickets and dont want her money go waste. Should I go ahead and apply with whatever I have or what should I mention on the cover letter to convince them that my trip is genuine. I believe that I have got one big proof that might convince them and that is my acknowledgement of prospective visa. Please help me...

Because your fiancée will be providing support for you during your time in Australia, you will need to provide evidence of her finances with your Visitor visa application. If she has no savings, that would mean evidence of her income and evidence of her accommodation arrangements i.e. does she own her home, live with parents, have a lease on an apartment or whatever???. Given that you have already applied for a PM visa and have a letter from your employer covering the period you intend staying in Australia, a couple of thousand in funds and your fiancée will feed and accommodate you, I don't think your shortage of funds will present too much of a problem. The only way to find out though is to apply and if you want to come in mid-February, you had better get your application in ASAP as it is likely to take a month or even more to be processed. You should not have made firm travel arrangements until you had been granted a visa!

Hi Ozmaniac, you have been really helpful for me. Yes, my fiance has her own home in Aus. Does she needs to provide some sort of docs? I didn't know that I would need huge funds in my account. Please advise what more docs should I provide to them so that I can convince them that my trip is genuine? Do I need any docs from my fiance or any special letter written by her except the invitation letter.

• 11 months later...

Hi Ozmaniac, how are you? First of all, I wanna thank you for replying to my queries. I'm here again with my query. I had applied for the prospective marriage visa on 22nd Dec 2014 as on this date I had received the acknowledgment. After the long span of 11 months, I got to know that my case officer has been allocated on 13th Nov 2015. I had submitted all the required docs and proof of our genuine relationship at the time of applying. I have also submitted my medical. As per the Aus Embassy in India, the current processing timelines are 9-12 months and my case is running in the 12th month. 1 Yr timeline is about to an end as it will be completed on 22nd Dec 2015. But I have not yet received any response from the case officer. I have contacted my agent and customer care as well to know the status of my case and everyone has a same reply that we can't force the case officer to work on our case faster. Also, immigration doesn't give me the contact detail of the case officer. They say if the office will need anything then he/she will ask you.

I really don't know what's going on with my case? Please advise what to do now?

Hi Ozmaniac, how are you? First of all, I wanna thank you for replying to my queries. I'm here again with my query. I had applied for the prospective marriage visa on 22nd Dec 2014 as on this date I had received the acknowledgment. After the long span of 11 months, I got to know that my case officer has been allocated on 13th Nov 2015. I had submitted all the required docs and proof of our genuine relationship at the time of applying. I have also submitted my medical. As per the Aus Embassy in India, the current processing timelines are 9-12 months and my case is running in the 12th month. 1 Yr timeline is about to an end as it will be completed on 22nd Dec 2015. But I have not yet received any response from the case officer. I have contacted my agent and customer care as well to know the status of my case and everyone has a same reply that we can't force the case officer to work on our case faster. Also, immigration doesn't give me the contact detail of the case officer. They say if the office will need anything then he/she will ask you.

I really don't know what's going on with my case? Please advise what to do now?

Sit and wait. Thats all any of us can do.

If the CO and the agent tell you to just wait, why do you think a stranger on an internet forum will have some inside information?!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nemesis and others,

Thank you for your reply to my concern. Yeah, I think you are right, there is nothing except to sit back and wait. However, their standard processing timelines for the PMV is 9-12 months that's in India and my case is more than a yr old now. I understand that if they are taking a long time, it means they must be doing some kinda verification and I have no prob with that. But, is it not possible to contact the CO and ask how much time they gonna take more? Will it gonna put a negative impact on the CO if we try to approach them and ask them the reason?

Archived