Jos

Hi guys,

I am travelling to Australia in a few months and I want to buy a van to travel around the country. I´ve been looking online and came across a great guide about buying a van in Australia. It seems very straightforward, however I would love to here some first hand experiences. Where can you find a van? How easy is it to sell the van after the trip? Should I rent or buy? My first stop is Sydney.

I realy hope you can give me some advise.

Cheers,

Jos

Edited by snifter
removed link as per forum rules

Hi Jos,

I bought a van when I was in Australia on WHV. The only thing I would say is before you buy anything make sure you get it checked over by a Mechanic, there are so many vans for sale over there some that would barely get you 100km down the road.

Sold it fairly easy to some backpackers when I left. Just remember depending on what state you buy a van in you may not be able to see it in another. Different states have different rules.

I wouldn't rent unless you were only going to drive for a short trip as the prices are extortionate.

There is a place in Sydney (not sure the place, saw it on TV once) where backpackers (mostly) go to buy and sell cars to tour around the country. They normally come with everything you need (sleeping bags, cooking stuff, camping stuff) then when you are done, head back and sell....

I think its this place : http://www.sydneytravellerscarmarket.com.au/

https://www.facebook.com/SydneyTravellersCarMarket?ref=stream

Well worth a look....