confused/how to make the decision for the best

bickers9

I noticed that, I was just trying to be more specific about what "not cheap" works out to! People often look at the air fares and shipping and think that's what it will cost, but there's also buying a car (a cheap new car here costs $30,000), temporary accommodation when you arrive, money to cover several weeks out of work, and all the myriad little things you have to buy - it's amazing how much it costs just to restock all the basic groceries and kitchen utensils!

A cheap new car does NOT cost $30,000.

What would you say then? I'm only going by our experience the last time we bought a car. At the time, the price advertised on the TV was $20,000, but by the time we got a few essential extras (i.e. air conditioning, immobiliser (no alarm), and automatic transmission) and they added the on road costs, it was almost $30,000.

Even if it's $20,000, it's still a lot of money - and note I am talking about brand new.

What would you say then? I'm only going by our experience the last time we bought a car. At the time, the price advertised on the TV was $20,000, but by the time we got a few essential extras (i.e. air conditioning, immobiliser (no alarm), and automatic transmission) and they added the on road costs, it was almost $30,000.

Even if it's $20,000, it's still a lot of money - and note I am talking about brand new.

$12,000 maybe if not less. It of course depends on what you want in a vehicle. You're not going to buy a diesel powered 4x4 SUV for $12,000

$12,000 maybe if not less. It of course depends on what you want in a vehicle. You're not going to buy a diesel powered 4x4 SUV for $12,000

It must be a pretty small car you have in mind for that price? Out of curiosity, I just priced a Toyota Yaris on Redbook and on the Toyota official website. The driveaway price for a manual is $19,000.

But why does it have to be brand new in the first place? If people are having to count the pennies and cut corners then surely a decent 2nd hand car is good enough.

Apologies to the OP for butting in on your thread ,

but I may need to pick your brain cathy99 if thats ok ? as I am flying over for a recce within the next month in your area, and my situation is remarkably similar to yours , cheers [emoji16]

Apologies to the OP for butting in on your thread ,

but I may need to pick your brain cathy99 if thats ok ? as I am flying over for a recce within the next month in your area, and my situation is remarkably similar to yours , cheers [emoji16]

Yeah sure no worries you can message me if you prefer, happy to help :0)