Middle name spelling error on lodged 189

Sahew18

Hi,

I have lodged my 189 1 week ago with wife and 2 children under 2yrs. On my daughters details I have somehow managed to mis spell her middle name Voilet instead of Violet. Not quite sure how I have managed to do this as I checked the whole thing so many times.

I have called the immi European service center who gave me the only email they have which is to send in document attachments. I emailed to explain and sent proof of correct spelling nut have not heard back yet.

Has anyone had any similiar experience? I am panicking now that this may delay our visa or worse as we are front loading PCC and medicals that it may just be granted incorrect without speaking with a CO.

Any help or experience appreciated.

thanks

Sam

I'd say you need to get onto them ASAP to ensure they know the score. On the other hand, one would hope they'd spot this and query it with you first when the CO is assigned. Obviously though, if it's granted incorrectly it may prove problematic when the passport says something differently.

It may not be as bad as you think though -- it's not like it's a totally different name altogether. Still, it took about 10 days before I got any response from my CO when I emailed documents.

Archived