No idea where to start! opinions please

SteveyDee

Hi everyone, im a 26 year old electrician in kent uk.

I've never been to oz but always wanted to go, im planning on going for 3-4 weeks as a holiday but would like to get an idea of what it would be like to live there.

I dont like the uk nor its weather lol.

My interests are 4x4s, cars, motorbikes and mountain bikes

So im looking for peoples opinions on where I would be better off visiting, I'd like to do a week just as a tourist beach holiday and the rest seeing how oz is away from the tourist areas

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

It's such a big country that it's hard to suggest areas really. Each state would have good 4x4 and biking areas.

Have you checked first that you qualify for a visa?

Yes. I was thinking it was a bit like saying 'I like historic buildings so where in Europe is best to go'. You need to narrow down your requirements a lot more before anyone can guide you.

I know I need to narrow it down a lot but im a bit lost as to what else to narrow it down, as long as I can make a good living and have places to do things I enjoy I dont really know what else to look for, other than liking the look of the area

Ive not looked to far into a visa yet as ive never even been so I want to visit and see ifid like to try it before rushing everything.

Im just want peoples ideas and suggestions so I can work from that

What should I be considering??? I know there should be a long list so please help me here :wacko:

What should I be considering??? I know there should be a long list so please help me here :wacko:

Firstly, do you know what time of the year you will be visiting? That will help with suggesting a holiday itinerary.

Secondly, how restricted or otherwise is your budget? That will help with how many locations to recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stevey

You're spoilt for choice really. I also like cars and moutain biking.

We live in Berwick about 45mins east of Melbourne CBD and its ideal.

I go MTB'g 3x a week at Lysterfield Lake Park (hosts a variety of MTB events including the Commonwealth Games MTB in 2006)- its excellent. You also have the You Yangs on the West side of the city for more extreme tracks, Mount Buller and alike about 2 or 3 hours north for full on downhill MTB'g. The weather here is ideal for MTB'g. Not humid. It does rain a bit in winter but that just keeps the trails from drying out to dust. In summer it can get seriously hot compared to other cities but just means you have to go earlier in the morning :)

We have the Formula 1 obviously, two rounds of the V8 Supercars, MotoGP and World Superbikes at Philip Island (1.5 hours south).

4x4...... The entire continent is your playground.

Melbourne is definitely a sport oriented city, so put it on your itinery.

The beaches are good - in the bay there's no fear of sharks. The surf beaches are more attractive and of course the higher up Australia you go the warmer the water gets which is why the crocs & jelly fish like it so much.

Your trade is brilliant and gives you the opportunity to chose any city that you like. Good luck with that choice.

PM me if you come over and want to go for that bike ride :)

Archived